- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Toulon, France
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Palma, Majorca, Spain
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Cartagena, Spain
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Ponta Delgada, Azores
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Nassau, Bahamas
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Tampa, Fl
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Celebrity Constellation Dining Review
- 2022 Transatlantic Cruise: Celebrity Constellation Ship Review
Our day in Ponta Delgada started with a walk along the marina and a visit to the military history museum located inside Forte de Sao Bras. Here we found interesting display about many of the Portuguese military endeavors including WWII and also the many wars that the Portuguese African colonies fought for their independence. There was a collection of uniforms and weapons as well. Plus, it featured lovely views of our ship and the harbor from high on the ramparts.
From there we headed to one of the islands many beautiful Catholic churches. First, we stopped at Igreja de São José
Then we visited the convent church, Santuário do Senhor Santo Cristo dos Milagres, where we were amazed by the beautiful blue porcelain tile.
After a walk through the shopping area, we enjoyed a nice lunch a place that was soon filled with locals after we sat down.
After lunch walked around town admiring the unique black and white architecture and we visited another one of the spectacular churches in the town, Igreja Matriz de São Sebastião. Again, were amazed by the beautiful interiors of these churches.
We took the quick walk back to the ship and enjoyed a sunset sail away.My Cruise History