- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: London Pre-Cruise Stay
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Southampton, United Kingdom
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Bergen, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Alesund, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Olden, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Stavanger, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Wine Group Events
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Celebrity Silhouette Ship Review
Alesund, Norway is a town that occupies 7 different islands which are all connected by underwater tunnels. During our early morning sail in we were treated to some spectacular scenery.
Because the town burned down almost completely in 1904, many of the buildings in the downtown area have a uniform Art Nuveau style as they were all built between 1904 and 1907. It truly is one of the most picturesque town in Norway.
We split our day into two activities. First a group of us climb the 418 steps to Aksla Viewpoint. It was a cool rainy climb but even so our pictures are really beautiful.
In the afternoon we got a panoramic tour of the city and paid a visit to the Atlantic Sea Life Park where we learned about the many important species of fish that inhabit this area of Norway and how important the fishing industry has been to the Norwegian economy.
We also got to see the rescued sea otters and seals that live at the park. They also have a colony of penguins who are part of an endangered species captive breeding and research project.
In the afternoon the sun finally came out and were able to take some pictures of the lovely scenery from the ship.My Cruise History