- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: London Pre-Cruise Stay
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Southampton, United Kingdom
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Bergen, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Alesund, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Olden, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Stavanger, Norway
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Wine Group Events
- 2022 Ascension Cellars Norway: Celebrity Silhouette Ship Review
One of the charming aspects of the port of Bergen, in addition to the beautiful scenery as you sail in, is that the city can be traversed on foot and many of the sites enjoyed with-out a formal excursion.
Once we walked into town we visited the famed Hanseatic Warf, which a row of building dating back to the 1700’s which were commercial buildings for the German trade merchants who traded goods from the rest of Europe for the Salt Cod of Norway. This is now a UNESCO World heritage site and home to lots of gift and souvenir shops. We made a quick visit there and then I got to do what I wasn’t able to do during my last visit to Bergen: take the funicular up to the vista point and see the panoramic views of the city. My previous visit to Bergen had been on May Day, and the line for the funicular was down the block with all the locals enjoying the day up there. There is a nice park and walking trails up on the view point hill as well. They even had a goat who is in charge of the lawn mowing duties.
In the after noon, Dave and Lisa of Ascension Cellars had arranged a special tour for out group, a Beer Tasting at the local brew pub which is normally closed on Mondays but opened for a tour and tasting just for our group.My Cruise History