- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Venice, Italy Pre-Cruise Stay
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Ravenna, Italy
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Mykonos, Greece
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Piraeus (Athens), Greece
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Zakynthos, Greece
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Celebrity Constellation Dining Review
- 2022 Italy, Greece and Turkey: Celebrity Constellation Ship Review
We arrived into port of Katakolon, but our excursion took us to nearby ancient Olympia for the day. We first explored the ancient grounds and then headed over to the Museum to see the artifacts found there. I actually enjoyed the museum portion a little better, but the grounds were quite interesting, and I even ran the ancient Olympic track. There were remains of buildings from both Ancient Greek and Roman times on this site.
When you approach the ancient ruin site, the ruins are to the right and the museum is to the left. Even if your spouse doesn’t like museums, definitely make your way here. So many of the statues and artifacts that have been recovered from the ruins are displayed here. These works of art help to complete the picture of what this city must have looked like in ancient times. As we were entering the museum, we ran into our good friends Bob, Carol, Pam and Richard who were just coming out of the museum as they were visiting on a different ship. We should have thought to take a picture. I had booked their cruise and we realized earlier in the week that we would be in Olympia the same day. It was just good luck that we got to see each other.
From Olympia, it was probably less than a half hour on the bus to head back to the ship. The port itself had shops and cafes and would be a great place to visit if one had already been to Olympia. We had fun watching our friends, who were on the Celebrity Reflection, sailing away after the cruise.My Cruise History