- 2018 Southern Caribbean: Fort Lauderdale
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: St Croix, USVI
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: St John’s, Antigua and Barbuda
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: St George’s, Grenada
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: Bridgetown, Barbados
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: Castries, St. Lucia
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: Basseterre, St Kitts/Nevis
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: Wine Group Events
- 2018 Southern Caribbean: Celebrity Reflection Ship Review
Once again, I am extremely grateful to Kevin and Karyl Wilhelm of Wilhelm Family Vineyards for hosting our wine tasting program on board. Karyl does a great job of simplifying the science of wine and her presentations are all a great chance for us to learn more about wine. We learned about different aspects of wine tasting and flavor profiles. Kevin serves as the vineyard manager and he provides us each year with any updates as to what they are planting and producing at their Sonoita, Arizona vineyard and winery.
The Celebrity Cruises wine maker program allows me to set up a group for a winemaker and their guests. The winemaker ships their wines to the ship and hosts wine appreciation events for our group of no more than 100 guests. Celebrity’s great staff do all the set up and pouring at the events so everyone gets to enjoy the presentation and the great wines from Wilhelm Vineyards.
The final part of the program is a specialty dining luncheon in the Tuscan Grill with a 4 course food and wine pairing meal. Celebrity also set up a couple of premium wine tastings for us using the wines from the ship’s cellar. Having the small group of no more than 100 people in our tasting group, which usually ends up being about 50 to 75 people, helps make the larger ship feel like a small ship. The guests in our groups are friendly and love to enjoy wine with others. It makes for a lively group.