FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (MARCH 17, 2008) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ MSC Cruises, the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fastest growing cruise line, invites everyone to join in the year-long celebration leading up to the arrival of one of MSC CruisesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ newest ship, MSC Orchestra, in America.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re very excited to welcome this spectacularly beautiful ship, one of the newest in the MSC CruisesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ fleet, to Fort Lauderdale,Ã¢â‚¬Â says Richard E. Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises (USA). Ã¢â‚¬Å“To share our excitement and introduce American and Canadian travelers to this magnificent ship, we have launched a new website, www.theorchestraiscomingtotown.com.Ã¢â‚¬Â
The new website features:
- Win Instantly Ã¢â‚¬â€œ site visitors can register and enter daily for the chance to win a free 7-night cruise on MSC Orchestra in the Caribbean; and
- Information about the ship, including an extensive slide show and flash presentation complete with factoids;
- Fun & Free Stuff Ã¢â‚¬â€œ including free downloadable wallpaper and e-cards and several shuffle picture puzzles and memory games;
- Offers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ special promotions on MSC Orchestra itineraries, including the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬Å“Kids Sail FreeÃ¢â‚¬Â offer, in which youngsters under the age of 17 sail free when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults.
The new site was developed by eContact,inc of Boca Raton, Fla., and includes a section for travel professionals.
Since the site will frequently change until the shipÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Jan. 2, 2009 arrival in Fort Lauderdale, consumers are encouraged to visit the site often.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“MSC Orchestra is ideally suited for the preferences of our American and Canadian guests,Ã¢â‚¬Â says Sasso. Ã¢â‚¬Å“It is an elegant ship with 80 percent outside staterooms Ã¢â‚¬â€œ most with private balconies Ã¢â‚¬â€œ as well as spectacular public areas, and a wealth of choices for dining, entertainment and activities, all with a style epitomizes the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬ËœBeautiful. Passionate. Italian.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ approach to cruising.Ã¢â‚¬Â
MSC Orchestra, which debuted in 2007, is the second in the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s luxurious Ã¢â‚¬Å“MusicaÃ¢â‚¬Â class of ships and the largest of the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s ships to sail in North American waters. At 92,400 gross tons, 196 feet high and 961 feet long, with 16 decks (13 of which are passenger decks), MSC Orchestra can carry 2,550 passengers.
With more than 236,800 square feet of public areas and 5 restaurants (LÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Ibiscus, Villa Borghese, La Piazzetta, Four Seasons, the Shanghai Chinese Restaurant Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the only dedicated Chinese restaurant at sea), 10 bars (two of which are open air), 3 meeting and conference rooms, a 21-foot by 12-foot outdoor LED screen, and the 16,146 square-foot Body and Mind Spa, MSC Orchestra represents the perfect combination of grace and style.
MSC Orchestra will arrive in Fort Lauderdale on Jan. 2, 2009. The following day the ship will begin sailing alternating 7-night roundtrip itineraries through April 25, 2009:
- Eastern Caribbean, calling at Cayo Levantado, Dominican Republic; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. John, Antigua; and Nassau, Bahamas, as well as two days at sea.
- Western Caribbean, calling at Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Cayo Levantado, Dominican Republic, and two days at sea.
A special 7-night roundtrip Bermuda sailing departs Fort Lauderdale April 25, 2009. This itinerary includes three days in KingÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Wharf, Bermuda and a day in Nassau, Bahamas, as well as two sea days.
MSC Orchestra is scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale May 2, 2009 on an 18-night voyage that will include a two-day visit to New York before heading eastbound to Copenhagen. The itinerary includes calls at Ponta Delgado, Azores; Lisbon, Portugal; Vigo, Spain; La Coruna, Spain; and Dover, England before arriving in Copenhagen.
On each sailing, guests will enjoy the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬Å“Beautiful. Passionate. Italian.Ã¢â‚¬Â experience, including highly acclaimed entertainment, European-style ambiance, dishes from Ã¢â‚¬Å“La Cucina Italiana,Ã¢â‚¬Â and top-of-the-line pampering. In the Dominican Republic, guests can enjoy the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s private paradise at Cayo Levantado.
For more information on how you can celebrate MSC OrchestraÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s arrival and enter to win a free cruise, visit www.theorchestraiscomingtotown.com.