‘Unparalleled adventures’ from P&O Cruises with 2014 world cruise programme
• Shorter circumnavigation on Arcadia
• Adonia in depth exploration of Asia
• Ever popular Aurora world circumnavigation
P&O Cruises is offering three world cruises for 2014, collectively visiting 81 unique destinations in 41 different countries, covering 97,834 nautical miles. Arcadia and Aurora are both sailing full world circumnavigations while Adonia is cruising specifically in Asia with a port-rich itinerary. All sail roundtrip from Southampton.
There are seven new ports of call on these cruises, including Hoi An in Vietnam, Puerto Princesa in the Philippines and Yangon in Myanmar (Burma).
At 92 nights with lead-in fares of £7,899, Arcadia’s cruise is shorter than many other full world circumnavigations, offering a offering a more cost effective way to travel the globe yet still calling at the main highlight ports. Arcadia will be particularly appealing for passengers looking to travel the world on a ship exclusively for adults.
Aurora is a classic world cruise ship and is family friendly. The 109 night cruise is a leisurely way to see the world, with more time spent in Asia and Africa. Prices for this cruise start from £8,899.
Adonia is the smallest ship in the fleet and as such can travel to lesser visited ports, with five of the seven new ports for 2014 being on Adonia’s 112 night cruise exploring Asia in depth. Also exclusively for adults, Adonia offers real small ship charm, and this cruise is priced from £9,999.
In addition to the three world cruises, there are 16 line voyages to and from Australia and New Zealand on Aurora and Arcadia (shorter sectors are available, see 2014 exotic holidays release).
P&O Cruising managing director, Carol Marlow, said: “There is no better way to see the world in comfort and style than on a world cruise or line voyage, and no one else is better placed to bring the world to your door than P&O Cruises.
“These cruises are unparalleled adventures across the world and all without having to compromise home comforts. To be able to visit so many destinations around the globe but come back at the end of the day to a familiar face, a freshly made up cabin and delicious afternoon tea, really is the experience of a lifetime.
“The pricing for our world cruise holidays has never been simpler, and passengers can book early to secure their chosen cruise safe in the knowledge that with our Price Promise, they have received the best value. Plus they then have longer to plan get excited about their epic adventure with us.”
The Arcadia World Circumnavigation departs from Southampton on January 10, 2014, highlights are:
• 92 nights
• 28 destinations in 20 countries
• 30,498 nautical miles
• Cruises west via the Caribbean and west coast USA before sailing to Australasia via French Polynesia islands, then on to Indonesia, India, the Middle East and the Mediterranean
• Highlight ports of call include San Diego, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Dubai
• Extended call in Sydney
• Vantage Fares for the 92 night World Circumnavigation are from £7,899 including £450 on board spending money per person
• Equivalent to £86 per person per night
The Arcadia World Circumnavigation departs just a month after the ship returns from a 17 night refurbishment in Germany. Arcadia will be complete with new soft furnishings and carpets in public rooms, bars, cabins and restaurants – including the Ocean Grill by Marco Pierre White. In addition, show lounge The Globe will be renovated, sound equipment in the Palladium theatre will be upgraded and 10 new single cabins will be added.
The Aurora World Cruise departs from Southampton on January 4, 2014, highlights are:
• 109 nights
• 33 destinations in 22 countries
• 36,746 nautical miles
• Cruises west via the Caribbean and San Francisco before sailing to Asia via Honolulu, New Zealand and Australia, then on to India and South Africa
• Highlight ports of call include Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Halong Bay, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Cape Town
• New ports of call Xiamen in China and Hoi An in Vietnam
• Extended calls in San Francisco, Sydney, Xiamen, Hong Kong and Cape Town
• Vantage Fares for the 109 night World Cruise are from £8,899 including £550 on board spending money per person
• Equivalent to £82 per person per night
The Adonia Asian Grand Adventure departs from Southampton on January 7, 2014, highlights are:
• 112 nights
• 44 destinations in 23 countries
• 30, 590 nautical miles
• Cruises east via the Mediterranean and Middle East before an intensive exploration of Asia.
• Highlight ports of call include Petra, Malacca, Manila, Hiroshima, Hong Kong, Sihanoukville, Langkawi and Mumbai.
• New ports of call Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates, Yangon in Burma, Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Kuching in Borneo and Puerto Princesa in the Philippines.
• Extended calls in Port Said (for Cairo and the Pyramids), Dubai and Safaga (for Luxor and Valley of the Kings).
• Vantage Fares backed for the 112 night Asian Grand Adventure are from £9,999 including £560 on board spending money per person.
There are 16 shorter line voyages to and from Australia and New Zealand available in the brochure. A 37 night Southampton to Auckland cruise on board Aurora is priced from £3,599 and calls in Ponta Delgada, Antigua, Aruba, transit Panama Canal, San Juan del Sur (Nicaragua), San Francisco, Honolulu, Pago Pago, Nuku Alofa and Auckland.
This Vantage Fare of £3,599 includes a holiday-package add on with flight and transfers, and also includes a Vantage Fare benefit of either £190 per person on board spending money, a three night post cruise hotel stay in Auckland, or a UK regional flight.
Holiday Package Add-ons including flights, transfers and overnight hotel stays where necessary, are available for purchase, along with pre or post cruise city stays for the line voyages, in Auckland, Brisbane, Fremantle and Sydney.
Holidays in the 2014 World Cruise brochure can be booked from Tuesday September 4, 2012 by calling 0800 374 0111 or visiting www.pocruises.co.uk.