FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, Aug. 5 — North American guests will be able to experience the Caribbean on two of MSC Cruises’ newest and largest ships when MSC Poesia and MSC Magnifica arrive in Fort Lauderdale for their inaugural 2009-10 Caribbean seasons. In addition to sailing on the two newest of the line’s popular “Musica” class ships, guests can select from a variety of roundtrip itineraries that includes 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings and four different 10-night itineraries. Itineraries feature many of the most popular ports of call as well as several exciting not-so-often visited ports, such as Playa del Carmen, Curacao and Aruba, on select itineraries. As with all MSC Cruises’ sailings, kids ages 17 and under sail free when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults.
Both MSC Magnifica and MSC Poesia feature 1,275 staterooms, of which 80% are outside staterooms and 65% have a balcony. There will be 236,000 square feet of public spaces, 2 pools and 4 hot tubs, plus a 13,000-square-foot spa. On each ship, guests can select from four restaurants, including a Sushi Bar alternative dining restaurant. In addition, MSC Magnifica features a Magrodome that allows guests to enjoy the pool area no matter what the elements.
Like their sister ships (MSC Musica and MSC Orchestra), both MSC Magnifica and MSC Poesia feature sophisticated and elegant decor and the finest in international entertainment and Italian hospitality that ensures guests enjoy a ‘Beautiful. Passionate. Italian.’ experience.
MSC Magnifica’s Itineraries
MSC Magnifica will be christened on Dec. 5, 2009 in Hamburg, Germany. She will depart two days later on a 19-night “Grand Passage to the New World” to Port Everglades that calls in Amsterdam, Dover, Lisbon, Funchal, Fort de France, St. John’s, Charlotte Amalie and San Juan.
Once in Fort Lauderdale, MSC Magnifica will sail roundtrip 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries through April 7, 2010. “Eastern Caribbean Enchantment” itineraries call at San Juan, Phillipsburg, Roadtown and Nassau; Western Caribbean “Island Treasures & Ancient Temples” itineraries call at Key West, Playa Del Carmen, Georgetown, Montego Bay and Nassau.
On April 17, 2010 she will sail a 7-night “Bermuda – Paradise in Pink” itinerary that calls at King’s Wharf, Bermuda and Nassau, Bahamas.
MSC Magnifica will depart April 24, 2010 on a 19-night “Bluewater Adventure Across the Atlantic” that stops in New York City, King’s Wharf, Ponta Delgada, Lisbon, La Coruna and Dover before arriving in Copenhagen.
MSC Poesia’s Itineraries
MSC Poesia arrives in Fort Lauderdale Nov. 10, 2009 for her inaugural Caribbean season following a 17-night “Grand Transatlantic Adventure.” Her itineraries will feature some of the most popular destinations, such as Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba and Panama.
MSC Poesia’s itineraries include:
- “Happy Holidays, Caribbean Style” — 7-night Eastern Caribbean departing Dec. 20, 2009, calling in San Juan, St. John’s, Philipsburg, Nassau;
- “Caribbean and Confetti New Year’s” — 7-night Western Caribbean departing Dec. 27, 2009, calling at Playa del Carmen, Georgetown, Montego Bay, Nassau;
- “Southern Sunswept Caribbean” — 10-night Southern Caribbean departing Nov. 10, 2009 and Feb. 17, 2010, calling in Curacao, Bonaire, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, Bahamas;
- “Remarkable Rainforests and the Panama Canal” — 10-night Deep Western departing Dec. 10, 2009, Jan. 18, 2010 and Feb. 27, 2010, calling in Grand Cayman, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico;
- “Dazzling Dutch Caribbean and the Panama Canal” — 10-night Southwest Caribbean departing Nov. 20, 2009 and Feb. 7, 2010, calling in Curacao, Aruba, Colombia, Panama, Mexico; and
- “Tropical Splendors, European Charm” — 10-night Southeast Caribbean departing Nov. 30, 2009, Jan. 8 and 28, 2010, calling in Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, Barbados, Martinique, St. Maarten and the Bahamas.
The ship departs North American waters March 9, 2010 on a 17-night “Island-Hopping Across the Atlantic” sailing, calling in San Juan, Phillipsburg, Funchal, Malaga, Palma, La Valletta and Dubrovnik, before arriving in Venice.
For more information about MSC Cruises and its exciting line-up of ships and itineraries, visit www.msccruisesusa.com or a local travel professional.