NEW YORK, March 20: Nickelodeon has assembled a week of non-stop activities, big talent and a dose of slime for everyone during the Nickelodeon Family Cruise with Royal Caribbean, which sets sail this summer–July 26-Aug. 9, on Royal Caribbean International’s Mariner of the Seas, and Aug. 9-16, on Freedom of the Seas. Families will be able to participate in a variety of activities, including: SpongeBob SquarePants 10th birthday bashes; interactive game shows; special screenings of Nickelodeon series; character meet-and-greets; and more. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to meet some of Nick’s biggest stars, including True Jackson, VP’s, Keke Palmer, Ashley Argota and Matt Shively; iCarly’s Jeannette McCurdy and Nathan Kress; SpongeBob SquarePants’ Tom Kenny, the voice of SpongeBob himself; and Back at the Barnyard’s Chris Hardwick, the voice of Otis.
The Nickelodeon Family Cruise with Royal Caribbean’s schedule of branded activities will include:
- SpongeBob SquarePants 10th Anniversary-themed activities: Each cruise will feature a full slate of absorbing activities such as SpongeBob-themed events–several featuring the voice of SpongeBob, Tom Kenny–special screenings of never-before-seen episodes; character meet-and-greets; and a SpongeBob 10th birthday bash.
- Slime Beach: New for 2009, kids of all ages get the opportunity to be slimed for a one of a kind family photo opportunity.
- Slime Time Live!: Both kids and parents can experience Nickelodeon’s trademark green slime at Studio Nick during this interactive game show, with the ultimate goal of getting messy together.
- Nick Live Poolside!: At the pool each day, there will be Nick-themed interactive game shows.
- Nick Screenings: Each day, families can catch a special screening of kids’ favorite shows–some which have never been seen before–including: SpongeBob SquarePants; True Jackson, VP; and more!
- Nick Characters: Kid’s favorite Nick characters like SpongeBob, Patrick, Dora and Diego will be on-board every day to treat kids to an autograph and a photo during meet-and-greet sessions.
- Nick Jr. events: Nick Cruise will feature daily activities for little ones including story times, playrooms, live shows, arts and crafts sessions and more.
The Nickelodeon Family Cruise with Royal Caribbean will depart from Los Angeles, CA on July 26 on Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas, the largest ship to be home ported on the West Coast. It will sail to the exotic Mexican Riviera stopping in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The Eastern Caribbean cruise will leave on Aug. 9 from Port Canaveral, FL, on the largest and most innovative cruise ship in the world–the Freedom of the Seas–and will sail to Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Royal Caribbean’s private island destination, CocoCay in the Bahamas.
Families sailing on each cruise will enjoy all of the luxurious accommodations that Royal Caribbean cruise ships offer. Mariner of the Seas features revolutionary amenities including: an on-board ice-skating rink, a full-size basketball court, an in-line skating track, the cruise line’s iconic rock-climbing wall and the Royal Promenade, a boulevard of shops, restaurants, bars and lounges that runs nearly the length of the ship. Freedom of the Seas also offers a multitude of activities, including the FlowRider surf simulator, the H2O Zone interactive water park, an ice-skating rink, a nine-hole mini-golf course, 11-route rock-climbing wall, as well as Royal Caribbean’s other signature amenities. Parents will also have an opportunity to partake of some of the luxurious amenities available on both ships including a full service spa, nightclubs, shows, adult only pools, casino and Royal Caribbean’s signature onboard kids program “Adventure Ocean.”
For more information or to make reservations, visit www.nickfamilycruise.com/, call 1-866-770-NICK or call your local travel agent. American Airlines is the official airline of the Nickelodeon Family Cruises with Royal Caribbean Intl. For more information about Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas, visit www.RoyalCaribbean.com.