Ft. Lauderdale, FL — March 29, 2007) — A golfer’s dream come true, Silversea’s 2007 Silver Links program offers golf enthusiasts the chance to combine their love of luxury travel with their passion for golf on 15 diverse itineraries aboard Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper, featuring over 45 challenging courses in more than 25 countries and islands throughout Europe, the Caribbean and Mexico.
On each of these voyages rich in golf destinations, guests will also have the opportunity to improve their game aboard ship with the help of the line’s onboard PGA-classed golf professional, who will organize complimentary lessons, contests and clinics.
In addition, the Silver Links voyages offer optional golfing excursions arranged and escorted by the ship’s golf pro. From the gently rolling fairways at the elegant Fairmont Pierre Marques Golf Club on Acapulco’s Revocadero Beach, to the hairpin turns and swirling mountain winds of Montego Bay’s White Witch Golf Club, to the ancient dunes and pine groves at Zeebrugge’s Royal Zoute Golf Club, guests will have a chance to perfect their game at some of the world’s most challenging and revered courses.
“Our golf cruises are perfectly tuned to the passions and tastes of the high-end luxury traveler looking to score a perfect round on the finest international links and fairways,” said David Morris, Silversea’s executive vice president of worldwide sales and marketing. “For those affluent globe-trekkers looking for an extraordinary golf vacation where they can polish their game in style, our Silver Links voyages offer privileged access to some of the world’s most beautiful and celebrated courses, combined with the pleasure of traveling in pampering six-star luxury.”
The escorted, optional golfing excursions vary in price from course to course and include all transfers to and from the select golf courses, pull or power-drive carts, green and any applicable caddy fees. Should guests choose to leave their clubs at home, the finest Nike clubs, shoes and golf essentials are available for rental, demo or purchase. Golf clubs can be rented for as little as $45.
Golfers have the option to further improve their game aboard ship with private swing analysis utilizing the most advanced V1 digital coaching system, the same system selected by PGA.com as their preferred instructional technology. The cost for private swing analysis is $30.
Guests aboard Silver Links voyages will also enjoy spacious, ocean-view accommodations, most with private veranda, award-winning gourmet cuisine, personalized service, warm Italian hospitality, and Silversea’s unmatched selection of all-inclusive shipboard amenities, including complimentary beverages, wines and spirits served throughout the ship, 24-hour room service, stocked in-suite beverage cabinet and all gratuities.
Following is a sampling of the Silver Links voyages and golf courses:
- Silver Whisper departs August 17, 2007 on a 7-day “Arts & Antiquity” voyage (4729) from Rome to Monte Carlo with optional golf excursions to Cosmopolitan Country Club (Livorno); Cannes Mougins Golf Club (Cannes); Servannes Golf Club (Sete); and Club de Golf Son Parc (Mahon, Minorca). Early Booking Incentive cruise fares start at $5,350 per person.
- Silver Whisper departs August 24, 2007 on a 7-day “Mediterranean Medley” voyage (4730) from Monte Carlo to Barcelona with optional golf excursions to Sainte Maxime Golf Club (St. Tropez); Le FrÃ©gate Golf Club (Marseille); and Son Vida Club de Golf (Palma de Mallorca). Silver Sailing cruise fares start at $4,406 per person.
- Silver Shadow departs September 23, 2007 on a 9-day “Atlantic Isles Accents” voyage (3725) from Lisbon to Las Palmas with optional golf excursions to Marbella Golf Course (Malaga); Sherry Golf Jerez (Cadiz); Royal Golf Anfa-Mohammedia (Casablanca); Palheiro Golf Club (Funchal); and Real Club de Golf Las Palmas (Canary Islands). Silver Sailing cruise fares start at $4,437 per person.
- Silver Shadow departs October 26, 2007 on a 10-day “Caribbean Kaleidoscope” voyage (3728) from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale with optional golf excursions to Wyndham el Conquistador Golf & Resort (San Juan, Puerto Rico); Teeth of the Dog Golf Club (La Romana, Dominican Republic); White Witch Golf Club (Montego Bay, Jamaica); Links at SafeHaven Golf Club (Grand Cayman); and Key West Golf Club (Key West, Florida). Early Booking Incentive cruise fares start at $4,945 per person.
- Silver Shadow departs November 23, 2007 on a 15-day “Panama Canal Passage” (3731) from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego with optional golf excursions to Mexico’s Fairmont Pierre Marques Golf Club (Acapulco); El Tigre Golf Club (Puerto Vallarta); Tangolunda Golf Club (Huatulco); and Costa Rica’s Los SueÃ±os Marriott Golf Resort. Early Booking Incentive cruise fares start at $6,965 per person.
- Silver Shadow departs December 8, 2007 on a 15-day “Pacific Interlude” voyage (3732) from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale with optional golf excursions to Mexico’s Cabo del Sol Desert Course (Cabo San Lucas); El Cid Golf & Country Club (Mazatlan); Fairmont Pierre Marques Golf Club (Acapulco); and Costa Rica’s Los SueÃ±os Marriott Golf Resort. Early Booking Incentive cruise fares start at $6,556 per person.
Silversea Cruises is recognized as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard four intimate vessels, Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, and Silver Whisper, all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. For the ninth year, Silversea was named “Number One” small-ship line in the 2005 “Readers’ Choice” survey conducted by CondÃ© Nast Traveler magazine. For the sixth time, Silversea was selected “World’s Best” small-ship line in the 2004 Travel + Leisure readers’ poll.