LOS ANGELES – May 22, 2008 – Some of the finest names in the theater and film worlds are joining forces to star in Crystal Cruises’ brand new Theatre at Sea itinerary. Individual artists will perform throughout the 12-day “Italian Treasures” itinerary from Venice to Monte Carlo, departing September 12, 2008, aboard award-winning Crystal Serenity.
The roster of venerable actors, singers and musicians includes:
- Lynn Redgrave – The Golden Globe-winning actress performs Nightingale, a captivating ancestral story from her five-generation theatrical family;
- Gena Rowlands – The Academy Award-nominated and Emmy-winning actress presents her latest film, Broken Promises, winner of the Grand Jury Prize at the Cannes Film Festival;
- Patricia Neal – The Academy Award-winning actress performs her acclaimed play, As I am, chronicling her remarkable life;
- Lucy Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill – Performing together, the theatrical duo presents songs from Ms. Arnaz’s cabaret show and scenes from Mr. Luckinbill’s plays;
- Florence Henderson – The Brady Bunch star presents An Evening with Florence Henderson, a musical recounting of her stage, screen and television career;
- Susannah York – The Academy Award-nominated actress presents her one-woman show, The Loves of Shakespeare’s Women; and
- Lee Roy Reams – Critically acclaimed for his Broadway role in The Producers, Mr. Reams presents a musical journey through the works of Jerry Herman, one of Broadway’s finest composers.
“The slate of stars performing aboard Crystal’s first Theatre at Sea cruise exemplifies the caliber of sophisticated cultural experiences that our guests treasure.” says Bret Bullock, the line’s vice president, entertainment.
Presented in partnership with the Theatre Guild, the Crystal Serenity itinerary calls in Dubrovnik, Croatia; Taormina, Sorrento, Rome, Florence and Elba, Italy, and ends with an overnight stay in Monte Carlo. Cruise fares start at $4,835 per person, double occupancy.
The Crystal Difference
In 2008, Crystal Serenity was voted the Best Mid-Sized Ship by the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler magazine. Aboard the ultra-luxurious Crystal Serenity, refined elegance meets casual simplicity. With an emphasis on innovative product differentiation, the renowned Crystal experience is distinguished by classic service, abundant space, extensive day and evening entertainment choices and superior quality, providing worldwide vacations that bridge the best of land and sea.
For additional information, please contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the luxury line’s website at crystalcruises.com.