April 6, Miami: Seabourn Odyssey, the first of three new yachts for The Yachts of Seabourn, is scheduled to launch from Venice, Italy, on June 24, 2009. The 32,000-ton, 450-guest yacht will be the cruise industryâ€™s first ultra-luxury yacht to launch in six years, so here are six new things the vessel will offer:
1. iPods, Laptops, WiFi and More: Guests of Seabourn Odyssey will be able to borrow iPods on board for yoga or Pilates classes, or just for listening to music. The yacht will also offer Seabourn-branded netbook computers for loan (and for purchase) so guests who havenâ€™t brought their own laptop on board can take advantage of the vesselâ€™s Wi-Fi connectivity in all suites and nearly all public spaces. Interactive televisions in each suite will make it easy for guests to book shore excursions and access a huge library of movies and music on demand.
2. Private Diamond Showroom: Among the duty-free shops on Seabourn Odyssey will be The Collection, a handsome curated boutique featuring fine jewelry and watches from luxury designers including Chopard, Aaron Basha, HermÃ©s, Chanel and Dior, as well as a private diamond showroom â€“ a first for the Seabourn fleet â€“ where guests can peruse the boutiqueâ€™s collection of Lady Heart Diamonds, Oliva Diamonds and Canadian Diamonds.
3. SkinCeuticals Exclusively at Sea: Seabourn Odyssey will be the only cruise vessel to offer SkinCeuticals products in the onboard spa, with a range of treatments including SkinCeuticals Regenerating Facial, SkinCeuticals Firming Facial and SkinCeuticals Gel Peel. This award-winning and scientifically-proven advanced skincare line is used by dermatologists, plastic surgeons and spas worldwide to promote skin health.
4. Only on Odysseyâ€“Molton Brown Therapies: Available for the first time at sea on Seabourn Odyssey, Therapies is a new line of plant-based products from Molton Brown, created specifically for travelers and designed to purify the body of pollutants, fight jetlag, and even aid sleep.
5. The Retreat at Sea: A first for Seabourn, The Retreat is a new multi-diversion plaza aft of the Sun Terrace, featuring a contoured nine-hole mini golf course, chess on a giant board and shuffleboard. The Retreat will also be the place for organized stargazing after dark.
6. Motion on the Ocean: For those who need to take a break from all that relaxing, Seabourn Odyssey will offer enticements rarely found at sea, including personal training on the Kinesis Wall in the Motion Studio, as well as invigorating Thai Massage in the onboard spa.
For more information or to make a reservation aboard Odyssey or any other of The Yachts of Seabourn, please contact Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.