(Ft. Lauderdale, FL — October 1, 2008) For golf explorers, it’s a dream come true! Silversea’s 2009 Silver Links program offers golfers the chance to combine their passion for the game with their love of adventure on 13 golf theme cruises featured aboard Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper.
The Silver Links voyages offer optional golfing excursions in multiple ports arranged and escorted by the ship’s golf professional. From the breathtaking Pacific scenery of the Cape Kidnappers Golf Club in Napier, to the narrow fairways and mountain terrain of the elegant Monte Carlo Golf Club, to the rolling hills and lush landscape of the St. Lucia Golf and Country Club, guests will have a chance to perfect their game at some of the world’s most challenging and revered championship courses in 30 countries and island destinations throughout the South Pacific, Mediterranean, Caribbean and Mexico.
“The popularity of golf is increasing every year, and more and more golfers are looking for an international golf experience,” said David Morris, Silversea’s executive vice president of worldwide sales and marketing. “With our Silver Links program, avid golfers of all levels can combine a luxury vacation with the chance to enjoy guided golf excursions and priority tee times at some of the world’s most celebrated courses.”
The escorted, optional golfing excursions vary in price from course to course and include transfers to and from the select golf courses, pull or power-drive carts (where available), green and any applicable caddy fees. Should guests choose to leave their clubs at home, the finest Nike Golf clubs and golf essentials are available for rental or purchase. Golf clubs can be rented for as little as $45 per day with multiple-day and equipment packages available.
On each of these exciting voyages rich in golf destinations, guests will also have the opportunity to advance their game aboard ship with the help of a certified PGA-classed golf professional, who is available to organize personalized instruction, specialty group clinics, demonstrations and even putting contests. While some group activities are complimentary, there is a fee for private lessons.
Golfers have the option to further hone their skills aboard ship with sophisticated split-screen swing analysis utilizing the most advanced V1 digital coaching system, the same software selected by PGA.com as their preferred instructional technology. The cost for private swing analysis starts at just $30.
Guests aboard Silver Links voyages will also enjoy spacious, ocean-view accommodations, most with private veranda, award-winning gourmet cuisine, personalized service, warm Italian hospitality, and Silversea’s unmatched selection of all-inclusive shipboard amenities, including complimentary beverages, wines and spirits served throughout the ship, 24-hour room service, stocked in-suite beverage cabinet and all gratuities.
Following is a sampling of the Silver Links voyages and golf courses for 2009:
- Silver Shadow departs January 4 on a 9-day Caribbean sailing (#3901) from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados calling in Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada and Bequia. Optional golf excursions visit Cedar Valley Golf Club (St. John’s); St. Lucia Golf and Country Club (Castries); and Sandy Lane Country Club (Bridgetown). Silver Sailing cruise fares start at $3,537 per person.
- Silver Whisper departs January 4 on a 14-day South Pacific sailing (#4901) from Auckland to Sydney calling in Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hobart, Burnie and Melbourne. Optional golf excursions visit Titirangi Golf Club (Auckland); Cape Kidnappers Golf Course (Napier); Paraparaumu Beach Golf Club (Wellington); Royal Hobart Golf Club; Royal Melbourne Golf Club and Sydney’s Camden Lakeside Country Club. Early Booking Incentive cruise fares start at $9,005 per person.
- Silver Shadow departs February 18 on a 17-day Panama Canal crossing (#3906) from Antigua to Los Angeles calling in Cartagena, San Blas Island, Costa Rica, Puerto Quetzal, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada. Optional golf excursions visit La Iguana at Los SueÃ±os (Puntarenas); Fairmont Pierre Marquis Golf Club (Acapulco); and Puerto Vallarta’s El Tigre Golf Club. Early Booking Incentive cruise fares start at $7,906 per person.
- Silver Whisper departs May 19 on a 9-day Mediterranean sailing (#4912) from Athens to Barcelona calling in Santorini, Malta, Sicily, Sorrento, Rome, Monte Carlo and Porquerolles. Optional golf excursions visit Il Picciolo Golf Club (Catania); Le Querce Golf Club (Rome); and the Monte Carlo Golf Club. Advance Payment Bonus cruise fares start at $6,236 per person.
- Silver Whisper departs August 15 on a 7-day Mediterranean sailing (#4924) from Monte Carlo to Barcelona calling in Sardinia, Antibes, SÃ¨te, Porto Mahon and Palma de Mallorca. Optional golf excursions visit Monte Carlo Golf Club; La Grande-Motte Golf Club (SÃ¨te); Son Parc Golf Club (Mahon); and Son Vida Golf Course (Palma de Mallorca). Silver Sailing cruise fares start at $4,896 per person.
- Silver Shadow departs December 2 on a 9-day Caribbean voyage (#3931) from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados calling in Grand Turk, Samana, La Romana, St. Lucia and Grenada. Optional golf excursions visit Casa de Campo’s Teeth of the Dog (La Romana), St. Lucia Golf and Country Club and Bridgetown’s Sandy Lane Country Club. Silver Sailing cruise fares start at $3,657 per person.
For a complete list of Silver Links voyages, visit www.silversea.com.
Silversea Cruises is recognized as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard four intimate vessels, Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, and Silver Whisper, all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the addition of the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company’s itineraries encompass all seven continents.
In the U.S., Silversea has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler (nine times) and Travel + Leisure (seven times), and rated Number-One luxury cruise line by high-net-worth consumers in the 2008 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI). International awards include “World’s Leading Luxury Cruise Line” from World Travel Awards (2007); “Five Star Diamond Award” from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2007); “Number One” small-ship line in the Readers’ Choice” survey conducted by Britain’s CondÃ© Nast Traveller magazine (2007); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Spain’s Cruceros & Destinos magazine (2008); “Best Small Cruise Line” by Australia’s Luxury Travel Magazine (2007); and “Best Luxury Cruise Operator” according to Asia’s Travel Weekly (2008).