Ft. Lauderdale, FL, March 24: With a collection of the world’s most flavorful destinations expertly paired with the culinary world’s hottest talents, ultra-luxury Silversea Cruises is offering an irresistible selection of moveable feasts for those sophisticated travelers who enjoy high-end dining as much as the adventure of luxury travel.
The enlightening cafÃ© lifestyle of Paris in the 1920s (immortalized in A Moveable Feast) stayed with American writer Ernest Hemingway throughout his life â€¦ wherever he traveled â€¦ and for Silversea guests, this year’s 11 Culinary Arts voyages promise similar opportunities for personally enriching experiences that will linger long after the journey ends. These unique culinary theme cruises showcase the artistry of award-winning chefs of top dining establishments from around the world, including the internationally acclaimed chefs of Relais & ChÃ¢teaux, the distinguished international association of charming properties and finest restaurants.
“We’re delighted to feature some of the world’s most celebrated chefs on our Culinary Arts voyages,” said Rudi Scholdis, Silversea’s culinary director. “Our culinary theme cruises are a great way to meld together fascinating destinations with cooking events and demonstrations that entertain and edify, as well as reveal the personalities, skills â€“ and a few culinary secrets â€“ of the masters of haute cuisine.”
On the culinary sailings, celebrity chefs will display their exceptional talents during dynamic and informative cooking demonstrations where guests can taste and learn firsthand the secrets of enticing signature dishes. Many of the award-winning chefs are also designated Grands Chefs Relais & ChÃ¢teaux, such as Rick Tramonto, partner and executive chef of Chicagoâ€™s Tru, a Mobil Four Star and AAA Five Diamond restaurant; Eyvind HellstrÃ¸m, owner and chef of Michelin Two Star Bagatelle in Oslo; and Anne Desjardins, the chef/co-owner of CAA Four Diamond L’Eau Ã La Bouche in Ste-AdÃ¨le, QuÃ©bec.
The Culinary Arts enrichment voyages also feature escorted provisioning trips to international markets (when the itinerary permits), food and wine pairings, creative regional dishes, and a five-course grand gourmet dinner. Throughout these special voyages, the featured guest chef and Silverseaâ€™s executive chef are on hand to share their culinary expertise and answer any questions.
Following below is a list of the Culinary Arts voyages.
ALASKA & PACIFIC COAST
- Voyage 3912: Silver Shadow, May 28 – June 7, Seward to Vancouver, 10 days. Jonathan Lindenauer — Bon AppÃ©tit magazine’s chef de cuisine will be in residence to bring the Bon AppÃ©tit Supper Club to life and offer guests a taste of his signature recipes. This avant-garde concept of a stylish, limited-time dining experience will transform La Terrazza into a New York-inspired restaurant.
- Voyage 3917: Silver Shadow, July 20 – August 1, San Francisco (roundtrip), 12 days. Gregory Short — Executive chef of Masas, San Francisco.
- Voyage 1926: Silver Cloud, October 19 – 29, New York to Barbados, 10 days. Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Grand Chef Anne Desjardins — Co-owner of L’Eau Ã La Bouche Ste-AdÃ¨le, QuÃ©bec, Canada.
- Voyage 3929: Silver Shadow, November 13 – 22, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, 9 days. Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Chef StÃ©phane MaziÃ¨res — Executive chef of Le GaÃ¯ac restaurant at HÃ´tel Le Toiny, St. Bart’s.
FAR EAST & SOUTH PACIFIC
- Voyage 3909: Silver Shadow, April 11 – 29, Sydney to Singapore, 18 days. Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Chef Mathew Macartney — Executive chef of Chateau Yering, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Voyage 2915: Silver Wind, May 14 – 21, Barcelona to Nice, 7 days. Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Grand Chef Rick Tramonto — Executive chef/partner of Tru, Chicago.
- Voyage 2922: Silver Wind, July 18 – 28, Monte Carlo (roundtrip), 10 days. Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Chef Vincent Nattress — Executive chef of Meadowood Resort, St. Helena, California.
- Voyage 4931: Silver Whisper, October 3 – 10, Venice to Rome, 7 days. Lidia Bastianich — Author, TV chef and co-owner of Felidia and Becco restaurants, New York City.
- Voyage 4933: Silver Whisper, October 17 – 24, Monte Carlo to Athens, 7 days. “World of Relais & ChÃ¢teaux” — Over seven days, these five Relais & ChÃ¢teaux chefs are set to take part in what is sure
- Voyage 2933: Silver Wind, October 18 – 30, Istanbul to Rome, 12 days. Anton Mosimann — Chef/owner of Mosimann’s, London.
to be the ultimate culinary festival at sea: Jacques Thorel, Auberge Bretonne (La Roche-Bernard, Britanny, France); Eyvind HellstrÃ¸m, Bagatelle (Oslo, Norway); Julien Lahire, Auberge du Moulin Hideux (Noirefontaine, Belgium); Christian GÃ¶lles, Gasthof Post (Lech am Arlberg, Vorarlberg, Austria); Erwan Louaisil, El Castell de Ciutat (La Seu d’Urgell, Lleida, Spain)
- Voyage 1916: Silver Cloud, July 11 – 26, Copenhagen (roundtrip), 15 days. Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Grand Chef Eyvind HellstrÃ¸m — Chef/owner of Bagatelle, Oslo.
Relais & ChÃ¢teaux is an exclusive collection of 480 of the finest hotels and gourmet restaurants in 56 countries. Established in France in 1954, the Association’s mission is to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character. Furthermore, Relais & ChÃ¢teaux is also a family of hoteliers and Grands Chefs from all over the world who share a passion for and a personal commitment to ensuring their guests are privy to moments of exceptional harmony. To choose Relais & ChÃ¢teaux is to experience an unforgettable celebration of the senses. From the vineyards in Napa valley to the beaches in Bali, from the olive trees in Provence to the lodges in South Africa, Relais & ChÃ¢teaux offers a chance to explore the Route du Bonheur and discover a special place in a variety of destinations.
Silversea Cruises is recognized as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper–and launching in December, Silver Spirit–all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the addition of the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company’s itineraries encompass all seven continents. For more information on Silversea Cruises, please contact a travel agent.
For a complimentary brochure, please call toll-free (877) 215-9986 or visit www.silversea.com