(24 June 2009) Silversea is making it easier for guests to design their own unique experiences ashore with the introduction of its new “Silver Shore Concierge” service.
With the recent launch of this innovative programme, guests or their travel agent now need only to call the dedicated toll-free phone line, 1-800-968-9518 (US/Canada), or email email@example.com, to request assistance in making personalised, private onshore arrangements. The Silver Shore Concierge desk can be reached from 08:00 to 18:00 (East Coast time, US), Monday through Friday.
Darius Mehta, Silversea’s director of land programmes, said: “The new Silver Shore Concierge desk has been created to provide our guests with one-to-one consultations and creative assistance. Our team of destination experts are happy to set up arrangements to meet a guest’s specific requirements, tailored to their personal interests, or help guests design their own one-of-a-kind onshore experience.”
The Silver Shore Concierge arrangements could include not only sightseeing but also sporting activities, and securing behind-the-scenes or after-hours access to exclusive designer shops, museums, cathedrals and more. Other possibilities might include a champagne picnic and hot air balloon ride over Tuscany, access to a designer’s atelier in Venice, or a journey through Juneau’s glacier-carved fjords by private catamaran.
Additionally, guests can call upon the Silver Shore Concierge to plan pre- and post-cruise land adventures that include accommodation at some of the world’s best hotels, flights, ground transportation, and guided tours of historical sites and other attractions.
To take advantage of the new service, Silversea guests will need to have a deposited or fully-paid booking. Payment for confirmed arrangements is made in advance of sailing and includes a service fee.
The Silver Shore Concierge is also offered aboard ship, where the shore concierge manager and team, together with the destination specialist, are available to assist guests with suggestions, planning and coordination of all their independent touring needs.
The Concierge service is the centrepiece of an array of new Silver Shore tour and hotel offerings designed to make the destination experience more personal and authentic, including:
- SilverShorePrivato — lets guests experience the destination at their own pace on full or half-day excursions by private car or van service that can be reserved on board or in advance of sailing via Silversea.com/MyVoyage.
- SilverShoreExpedition — adventurous and educational tours for the active explorer.
- SilverShoreCollection — unique and exclusive in-depth explorations of local history and culture.
- SilverShoreExcursions — intimate and rewarding small-group touring.
- SilverShoreLandAdventures — multi-day excursions that head inland to explore the region in depth. Offered before, after or during select voyages, they include accommodation, porterage, all transfers, sightseeing and some meals.
- Silver Shore Simply Hotel — single-night programmes that feature a 4.5- or 5-star hotel stay before or after the cruise at such properties as the InterContinental Athenaeum in Athens, the Park Tower in Buenos Aires or Rome’s Bernini Bristol. These flexible overnight stays offer guests the option to add transfers, additional nights or upgrades, if desired.
Silver Shore Grande Hotel — two-night programmes that enable guests to extend their holiday at Claridge’s in London, the Peninsula in Bangkok and other landmark hotel or boutique properties across the globe. Full breakfast and private transfer between the pier and hotel are included.All Silver Shore tours are available for guests to pre-book online as early as 120 days prior to sailing. Silver Shore Land Adventures and hotel options can be booked as add-ons to the cruise holiday through Silversea reservations.
Silversea Cruises is recognised as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper — and launching in December, Silver Spirit — all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the addition of the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company’s itineraries encompass all seven continents.
In the US, Silversea has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler (nine times) and Travel + Leisure (seven times), and rated Number-One luxury cruise line by high-net-worth consumers in the 2008 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI). International awards include “Best Innovation in Products and Services” from the Italian Innovazione Marketing Oggi Awards (2009), “World’s Leading Luxury Cruise Line” from World Travel Awards (2007); “Five Star Diamond Award” from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2009); “Number One” small-ship line in the Readers’ Choice” survey conducted by Britain’s CondÃ© Nast Traveller magazine (2007); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Spain’s Cruceros & Destinos magazine (2008); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Australia’s Luxury Travel & Style Magazine (2009); and “Best Luxury Cruise Operator” according to Asia’s Travel Weekly (2008).