(29 April 2009) For sophisticated globe trekkers looking for the perfect travel deal, now is the time to book! Due to the success and popularity of Silversea Cruises’ US$1,000 per suite “Onboard Spending Credit” promotion, the ultra-luxury line has added 37 additional voyages, including fall sailings, that offer the special booking incentive. In all, savvy travellers can now take advantage of this extra perk on 70 select voyages calling not only in Alaska, Northern Europe and the Mediterranean, but also the Caribbean, South America, Africa, Seychelles, Far East and South Pacific.
The new voyages offering the special promotion are:
SILVER CLOUD: Voyages 1924, 1926 – 1931.
SILVER WIND: Voyages 2927, 2929 – 2931, 2934 – 2938.
SILVER SHADOW: Voyages 3924 – 3931, 3933.
SILVER WHISPER: Voyages 4920 – 4923, 4925, 4927, 4928, 4933, 4934, 4936 – 4938.
In addition, the booking deadline has been extended to July 31, 2009 to qualify for the $500 per person (or maximum $1,000 per suite) Onboard Spending Credit. To take advantage of the offer, which is applicable to new bookings only, the guest or travel agent must request promotional code WWSBC500 at the time of booking.
Always willing to go the extra mile in matters of flexibility and choice, Silversea has designed this promotion to allow guests the freedom to use the Onboard Spending Credit as they choose — without limitations. The credit might be applied toward shore excursions (none are excluded) or luxurious onboard services including spa treatments, dinner in the Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Wine Restaurant, rare wines, premium spirits, boutique and Internet CafÃ© purchases. In addition, the offer can be combined with other available discount promotions, including Early Booking Incentive, Advance Payment Bonus, Silver Sailing, and Free Air programmes.
Steve Tucker, Silversea’s Vice President of National Accounts and Eastern Regional Sales for the US, said: “This generous Onboard Spending Credit was initially offered on a selection of summer sailings, but based on the travel public’s enthusiastic response, we’ve decided to expand the promotion. Luxury consumers especially appreciate a booking incentive that features added value and the freedom of choice, and now they can enjoy the rewards of this offer on a host of exciting new voyages spanning across the globe.”
Following below is a small sampling of new sailings offering the Onboard Spending Credit:
- MEDITERRANEAN: Silver Whisper’s 12 September, 7-day cruise (#4928) from Istanbul to Athens with calls in Marmaris, Symi, Volos and Nafplion. Silver Sailing fares start at $3,497 per person — a savings of 50% — plus free or reduced roundtrip economy air transportation is also available from select US and Canadian gateway cities.
- CARIBBEAN: Silver Shadow’s 13 November, 9-day cruise (#3929) from Barbados to Fort Lauderdale with calls in Bequia, Martinique, Dominica, St. Bart’s, St. Kitts and Tortola. Silver Sailing fares start at $3,047 per person — a savings of 50%.
- FAR EAST & SOUTH PACIFIC: Silver Whisper’s 3 December, 16-day cruise (#4937) from Singapore to Sydney with calls in Semarang, Darwin, Cairns, Townsville, Whitsunday Islands and Brisbane. Silver Sailing fares start at $6,347 per person — a savings of 50%.
- SOUTH AMERICA: Silver Cloud’s 4 December, 16-day cruise (#1930) from Buenos Aires to Santiago with calls in Montevideo, Punta del Este, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands, Punta Arenas, Laguna San Rafael, Puerto Chacabuco and Puerto Montt. Silver Sailing fares start at $6,697 per person — a savings of 50%.
- SEYCHELLES: Silver Wind’s 13 December, 7-day cruise (#2938) sailing roundtrip from Mahe with calls in La Digue, Curieuse Island, Silhouette Island and Praslin. Silver Sailing fares start at $2,497 per person — a savings of 50%.
All fares listed above are per person based on double occupancy for a Vista Suite and do not include port charges and handling fees that can range from $150 to $500 per person on these sailings, depending on the itinerary.
Silversea Cruises is recognised as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper — and launching in December, Silver Spirit — all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the addition of the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company’s itineraries encompass all seven continents.
In the U.S., Silversea has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler (nine times) and Travel + Leisure (seven times), and rated Number-One luxury cruise line by high-net-worth consumers in the 2008 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI). International awards include “World’s Leading Luxury Cruise Line” from World Travel Awards (2007) ; “Five Star Diamond Award” from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2009); “Number One” small-ship line in the Readers’ Choice” survey conducted by Britain’s CondÃ© Nast Traveller magazine (2007); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Spain’s Cruceros & Destinos magazine (2008); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Australia’s Luxury Travel & Style Magazine (2009); and “Best Luxury Cruise Operator” according to Asia’s Travel Weekly (2008).