(30 March 2009) Wherever your heart leads you — from the lush green fields of Northern Ireland to the Byzantine majesty of Istanbul or the golden beaches of the Greek Isles — Silversea Cruises stands ready to customise your experience with a host of new small group and private explorations ashore.
Darius Mehta, Silversea Director of Land Programmes, said: “To complement the launch of our new ‘Silver Shore Concierge’ service in July, we have developed several new destination enrichment programmes for Europe and the Mediterranean this year. Amongst the new options, and branded under the ‘Silver Shore Collection’ label, are enticing excursions with a wine, culinary or cultural focus, as well as special tours offering the exclusive use of transportation and flexible itineraries to suit a couple or a group of friends wanting a more intimate and personalised experience ashore.”
Silversea offers a number of optional shore tours featuring the private use of air- and watercraft that are ideal options for families, friends or dinner companions looking for unique and intimate experiences with itineraries that can be easily customised to meet a small group’s interests and sightseeing preferences. For example:
Escape from the typical tourist haunts and create your own private yacht expedition to explore the southern beaches of Mykonos, visiting deserted coves only accessible by boat, and taking a swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean Sea.
Witness breathtaking vistas of the Holy Land on a private helicopter adventure that takes you soaring along the Mediterranean shoreline to view the amazing UNESCO World Heritage Site of Acre before landing on the shores of the Sea of Galilee for a fascinating walking tour of historic sites.
- Escape from the typical tourist haunts and create your own private yacht expedition to explore the southern beaches of Mykonos, visiting deserted coves only accessible by boat, and taking a swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean Sea.
- Witness breathtaking vistas of the Holy Land on a private helicopter adventure that takes you soaring along the Mediterranean shoreline to view the amazing UNESCO World Heritage Site of Acre before landing on the shores of the Sea of Galilee for a fascinating walking tour of historic sites.
- Experience Italy’s stunning Amalfi and Sorrento coasts in style on your own chartered boat, stopping long enough to tour Positano on foot, at your own pace, or pausing for a swim in Capri or shopping in Anacapri — the itinerary is up to you.
In addition, other new ‘Silver Shore Collection’ tours offer intimate and in-depth explorations of local history and culture, such as:
- A leisurely drive through the beautiful Tuscan countryside takes you to the grand 11th-century Castagneto Carducci Castle for a tour of the interior portrait gallery and salons (not normally open to the public) and a wine-tasting in the garden’s tented lounge.
- Enjoy lunch at Baronscourt, the private home of the Duke and Duchess of Abercorn, and experience its tranquil surroundings set in a sheltered valley in the foothills of Northern Ireland’s Sperrin Mountains.
- When in Rome â€¦ slip behind the wheel of a Ferrari sports car and accelerate through the Etruscan countryside â€¦ the way 21st-century Romans do.
- Indulge your senses with the sights, sounds and flavours of Istanbul during a private cooking lesson revealing the secrets of preparing traditional Turkish cuisine.
- Pair your tour of Copenhagen’s famous Tivoli Gardens with a thirst-quenching visit to one of the city’s “coolest” new attractions — the Absolut Ice Bar — where the entire bar is made of ice and drinks are served in a cube of ice.
Plus another exciting new option is the ‘Live the City’ treasure hunt style-excursion offered in Monte Carlo and Florence on Silver Whisper’s voyage of 20 June. This innovative and mind-enriching experience spans from shore to ship. As you explore the local sights and history with your ‘Live the City’ map and guidebook in hand, your brain is put to the test solving a series of clues relating to each city’s cultural heritage and famous attractions. Each clue reveals hidden treasures often missed by passers-by. The entertainment continues after you return to the ship with the grand finale — The Showdown Quiz ?? a big-screen mental challenge for you and your fellow explorers, testing your knowledge of the day’s discoveries and solutions to the clues.
New Relais & ChÃ¢teaux Land Programmes
For those luxury travellers seeking a closer look at some of Northern Europe’s most enchanting landscapes, Silversea is pleased to offer new pre- and post-cruise land extensions featuring the charming properties and fine restaurants of Relais & ChÃ¢teaux. For example, guests can extend their cruise holiday ashore and journey from London to discover Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons, an elegant country house hotel featuring individually styled guest rooms and superb, two-Michelin-starred cuisine, or explore Ireland’s majestic scenery, pastoral farmlands and a 13th-century castle with lodging at two exquisite Relais & ChÃ¢teaux properties: Sheen Falls Lodge and Marlfield House, as well as The Merrion, one of Dublin’s most luxurious hotels. These optional land programmes are available on select Silver Cloud sailings (#1911, 1912, 1921 and 1922), and include all lodging, transportation, transfers, guided sightseeing and some meals.
Please visit www.silversea.comfor more information and to review the availability of these and other optional shore excursions and land programmes on specific voyages.
Silversea Cruises is recognised as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper — and launching in December, Silver Spirit — all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the addition of the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company’s itineraries encompass all seven continents.
In the U.S., Silversea has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler (nine times) and Travel + Leisure (seven times), and rated Number-One luxury cruise line by high-net-worth consumers in the 2008 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI). International awards include “World’s Leading Luxury Cruise Line” from World Travel Awards (2007) ; “Five Star Diamond Award” from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2009); “Number One” small-ship line in the Readers’ Choice” survey conducted by Britain’s CondÃ© Nast Traveller magazine (2007); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Spain’s Cruceros & Destinos magazine (2008); “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Australia’s Luxury Travel & Style Magazine (2009); and “Best Luxury Cruise Operator” according to Asia’s Travel Weekly (2008).