Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Aug 31: Ultra-luxury Silversea Cruises will once again host its popular Silver Links golf program on 12 diverse itineraries aboard Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper in 2010. The program offers golf enthusiasts the chance to perfect their swing on 30 of the most beautiful and challenging courses in 15 countries and island destinations throughout the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the Americas.
“Our golf cruises are an excellent option for the affluent traveler looking to sharpen his or her game,” said Steve Tucker, Silversea’s vice president of field sales for North America. “Avid golfers of all levels can combine a luxury vacation with the chance to enjoy guided golf excursions and priority tee times at some of the world’s most celebrated links and fairways.”
The Silver Links voyages offer optional golfing excursions in multiple ports arranged and escorted by the ship’s golf professional. From the breathtaking Pacific scenery of the Cape Kidnappers Golf Club in Napier, to the gently rolling fairways at the elegant Fairmont Pierre Marques Golf Club in Acapulco, to the ancient dunes and pine groves at Zeebrugge’s Royal Zoute Golf Club, guests will have a chance to perfect their game at some of the world’s most challenging and revered championship courses. The escorted, optional golfing excursions vary in price from course to course and include transfers to and from the select golf courses, pull or power-drive carts (where available), green and any applicable caddy fees. Should guests choose to leave their clubs at home, the finest Nike Golf clubs and golf essentials are available for rental or purchase. Golf clubs can be rented for as little as $45 per day with multiple-day and equipment packages available.
On each of these exciting voyages rich in golf destinations, guests will also have the opportunity to advance their game aboard ship with the help of a PGA “Class A” certified golf professional, who is available to organize personalized instruction, specialty group clinics, demonstrations and even putting contests. While some group activities are complimentary, there is a fee for private lessons. Golfers have the option to further hone their skills aboard ship with sophisticated split-screen swing analysis utilizing the most advanced V1 digital coaching system, the same software selected by PGA.com as their preferred instructional technology. The cost for private swing analysis starts at just $30.
Guests aboard the Silver Links voyages will enjoy an all-inclusive shipboard ambiance featuring all ocean-view accommodations with butler service. Other highlights include complimentary beverages served throughout the ship — including fine wines, spirits and champagnes, in-suite bar and refrigerator stocked with each guest’s preferred beverage selections, open-seating dining, 24-hour complimentary room service, and fares that include all onboard gratuities.
Following is a sampling of the 2010 Silver Links voyages and golf courses:
- FAR EAST & SOUTH PACIFIC: Silver Whisper’s Jan 3, 15-day cruise from Auckland to Sydney with optional golf excursions to the Tauranga Golf Club; Cape Kidnappers Golf Club (Napier); Clearwater Golf Resort (Christchurch); Royal Hobart Golf Club; Royal Melbourne Golf Club; and Sydney’s Camden Lakeside Country Club.
- CARIBBEAN, MEXICO & PANAMA CANAL: Silver Shadow’s Jan 22, 16-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles with optional golf excursions to La Iguana Golf Club (Puntarenas); Fairmont Pierre Marques Golf Club (Acapulco); Club de Golf Marina Ixtapa (Zihuatanejo); Desert Course at Cabo del Sol Golf Resort (Cabo San Lucas); and San Diego’s Steele Canyon Golf Club.
- MEDITERRANEAN: Silver Whisper’s May 31, 12-day cruise from Monte Carlo to Southampton with optional golf excursions to the Club de Golf Llavaneras (Barcelona); Club de Golf de Malaga; Penha Longa Golf Club (Lisbon); and St. Malo’s Dinard Golf Club.
- NORTHERN EUROPE & BALTIC: Silver Whisper’s June 12, 11-day cruise from Southampton to Stockholm with optional golf excursions to the Royal Zoute Golf Club (Zeebrugge); Estonian Golf and Country Club (Tallinn); and Helsinki Golf Club (Tali).
- CANADA & NEW ENGLAND: Silver Whisper’s Sept 14, 10-day cruise from New York to Montreal with optional golf excursions to the Newport National Golf Club; Franklin Park Golf Club (Boston); Glen Arbour Golf Club (Halifax); Bell Bay Golf Course (Sydney); Royal Quebec Golf Club (Quebec City); and Club de Golf de l’Ile de Montreal.
- CANADA & NEW ENGLAND: Silver Whisper’s Oct 14, 10-day cruise from New York to Barbados with optional golf excursions to Port Royal Golf Club and Belmont Hills Golf Club (Hamilton); Palmas del Mar Golf Resort (San Juan); and Cedar Valley Golf Club in St. John’s.
For complete voyage details and the latest information on Silver Links cruises, visit www.silversea.com. Silversea Cruises is recognized as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, and Silver Spirit (launching in December 2009), all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the addition of the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company’s itineraries encompass all seven continents.