MIAMI, Dec 8 — As a result of the recent economic downturn, spending quality time with friends and family has become a top priority among travelers. To satisfy this demand, The Yachts of Seabourn has created Between Friends â€“ a new promotion designed to encourage small groups of three or more couples to reconnect and share experiences while traveling together. In addition to Seabournâ€™s industry-leading all-inclusive amenities, guests who participate in Between Friends will also receive an onboard credit of $1,500 per couple â€“ a total of at least $4,500 per group â€“ for Private Shore Excursions on most 2009 European voyages arranged through the lineâ€™s Signature Service Desk, including active, culinary and cultural offerings.
â€œIn these uncertain economic times, Seabourn guests are re-evaluating their priorities and placing more emphasis on the things that mean the most in life,â€ noted Seabourn president and CEO Pamela Conover. â€œSpending quality time with friends is a top priority during times like these,â€œ she continued, â€œand our intimate Seabourn yachts enable friends to share truly meaningful and memorable experiences together. Thatâ€™s why we created the Between Friends promotion.â€
Each group of friends can tour together or separately, with their own guide, their own driver and their own private vehicle, choosing from hundreds of options exploring Europeâ€™s fascinating destinations at their own pace and on their own terms — or creating their own customized experiences to match the groupâ€™s particular tastes and interests.
Some examples of private arrangements that might appeal to a group include:
- Joining a top Italian chef for a hands-on, three-hour cooking class in Florence.
- Going on a tasting tour in Rapallo, Italy, with specialty food expert Guido Porrati who will introduce you to focaccia, pesto, olive oil, salame Santâ€™Olcese, Avetano cheese, strusciata cake and excellent local wines.
- Sailing via private yacht to Birla, Sweden to tour Viking Age ruins, including an in-depth tour of Gronsoo, a privately owned castle on the lake.
- Riding a mountain bike through the wonderful landscape of the Mounts of Malaga in Spain.
- Letting an expert local shopping guide show you around Stockholmâ€™s most famous boutiques with the most internationally acclaimed brands.
Each couple will receive the $1,500 onboard credit to be applied toward private shore excursions when they pay the prevailing fare for the voyage, which includes a generous Early Booking Savings of up to 45% off the brochure fares. At least one of the three couples in each group must be first time Seabourn guests. The promotion is valid for most 2009 European voyages aboard Seabourn Pride, Spirit, Legend or the newly built Seabourn Odyssey. Certain restrictions apply.
Guests may choose from over 60 departures of some two dozen cruise itineraries of seven to 14 days in the Mediterranean, Western Europe, Scandinavia, Russia and the Norwegian fjords. With Early Booking Savings of up to 45%, fares start from $3,905 per person, based on double occupancy of an expansive ocean-view suite. For full details of the Between Friends promotion or information about The Yachts of Seabourn, consult a travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.