June 11: The launch of Seabourn Odyssey wonâ€™t be the only debut from The Yachts of Seabourn this month. The luxury vesselâ€™s maiden voyage, departing from Venice on June 24, 2009, will also unveil new menus by celebrated chef Charlie Palmer, whose dishes from Citrus Grilled Halibut to Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin with dijon mustard crust will present a truly moveable feast for guests of the new yacht. Chef Palmer has set an impressive maritime table since the start of his collaboration with Seabourn in 2002. Under the direction of highly skilled, onboard chefs, Chef Palmerâ€™s inventive cuisine for Seabourn Pride, Spirit and Legend has earned widespread praise, including accolades in Gourmet, repeat recognition on CondÃ© Nast Travelerâ€™s â€œGold Listâ€ and from other prestigious travel industry observers.
Chef Palmer advanced Progressive American cuisine at his acclaimed Aureole, originally situated off Manhattan’s Madison Avenue and now re-opening at the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Over the years, Chef Palmer combined his creative cooking spirit and flair for business to open twelve restaurants across the country, a collection of wine shops and award-winning boutique hotels. Chef Palmer has created hundreds of signature recipes for Seabourn. He was inducted into the James Beard “Who’s Who of Food & Beverage in America,â€ is a frequent guest on NBC’s Today Show, and has authored four cookbooks.
Featured in Odysseyâ€™s The Restaurant, Chef Palmerâ€™s new menus reflect the flavors of the Mediterranean destinations Odyssey will travel to this summer and fall. Unabashed combinations of bold flavors; fresh and seasonal ingredients; with artful presentations have long been hallmarks of Chef Palmerâ€™s Seabourn menus, which will continue with appetizers such as:
- Seared Tuna Carpaccio with pickled artichokes and tapenade crostini
- Malossol Caviar & Marinated Salmon Pave with warm potato galette
- Shrimp & Pancetta Bisque with chick pea croutons
Chef Palmerâ€™s entrees highlight the abundance of ingredients the Mediterranean ports allow with such dishes as:
- Crisp Seared Salmon with beluga lentils, tomato compote and pommes rissoles
- Pink Roasted Veal Rack Chop with caramelized onion potato tart, blood orange endive confit and veal jus
- Vegetarian Truffled Soft Potato Gnocchi with oyster mushrooms, soybeans and truffle butter sauce
Decadent dessert offerings include dishes such as:
- Roasted Pear Tart Tatin with vanilla rum sauce and cinnamon ice cream
- Dark Chocolate Mint Bar with crÃ¨me de menthe semifreddo
- Sugar-free, Low-fat Dark Chocolate & Rum Raisin cake with butterscotch sauce
â€œChef Charlie Palmerâ€™s collaboration with Seabourn has proven extraordinarily popular for seven years and counting, and guests of Odyssey can anticipate a wonderful dining experience wherever they sail, anywhere around the world,â€ said Pamela C. Conover, president and CEO of Seabourn. For more information or to make a reservation, contact a travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391, visit www.seabourn.com.