MIAMI, May 7, 2007 – The Yachts of Seabourn has designed more than 60 Custom Shore Experiences to help guests plan personalized activities in ports of call throughout Europe for summer 2007.
Seabourn’s Custom Shore Experiences are arranged through the line’s Signature Service Desk, personal tour planners available to help booked guests plan picture-perfect, special-interest experiences. In most cases, these private tours are offered in sedans with a driver for a maximum of two guests, or in vans that seat up to six. Examples include:
- Learn the art of creating personalized scents from Lorenzo Villoresi, a master who crafts custom blends for private clients in his 15th century Florentine palazzo.
- Visit a Russian family in their summer dacha outside St. Petersburg, to chat over tea and experience the tranquil, pastoral lifestyle that Dr. Zhivago fondly recalled.
- Get moving on Mallorca, with an exhilarating half-day of hiking, kayaking or mountain biking in the island’s rugged back country, with an expert guide.
- Car buffs will marvel at Berlin’s Meilenwerk complex of vintage repair shops, exhibits, car clubs and shops, and visit the spectacular Mercedes Benz World.
- Enjoy a breathtaking ride between rugged peaks and the blue bay from Cetinje to Kotor, Montenegro, among the world’s most scenic highways.
- Ferry from Aalesund, Norway to the workshop of an award-winning sculptural furniture maker, then marvel at an exhibition of fine wood furniture at Sykkilven.
In addition to Custom Shore Experiences, the line’s Signature Service Desk can arrange pre- and post-cruise stays in some of the world’s finest hotels, air transportation, ground transfers and overland Seabourn Journeys to inland attractions. The Signature Service Desk can be reached by calling Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391.
These suggested Custom Shore Experiences, while no doubt enticing, are really just meant to inspire guests to create their own dream excursions, said Pamela C. Conover, Seabourn’s president and CEO. Our Signature Service Desk is all about helping guests plan exactly the shoreside experiences they want.
On board the line’s 208-guest Seabourn Pride, Spirit and Legend, guests enjoy a continuing series of thoughtful enhancements to shipboard and shoreside services that add luxury and value. These Signature Delights include Exclusively Seabourn complimentary shoreside experiences in selected ports of call; free Massage Moments on deck; complimentary service of spirits and wines including French champagne throughout the cruise, gourmet cuisine created by celebrity chef Charlie Palmer, and indulgent Pure Pampering therapeutic bathing selections from Molton Brown.
Seabourn is the highest-rated cruise line for two consecutive years in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards, and has been honored in every annual edition of Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List and voted the top luxury cruise line by readers of Departures, published exclusively for American Express Platinum and Centurion Card members.
The Yachts of Seabourn sail cruises of seven to 18 days or longer on itineraries worldwide. With Early Booking Savings of up to 40 percent, fares start from $2,757 per person, based on double occupancy. For information, contact a travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
The Yachts of Seabourn is a proud member of World’s Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, and Costa Cruises. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable destinations. The Yachts of Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE; LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK), and supports the Ocean Conservation & Tourism Alliance, dedicated to education and promotion of best practices for protecting the marine environment.