SEATTLE, July 10, 2013—-Seabourn has announced an exciting line-up of highly acclaimed chefs for “Seabourn Conversations,” the line’s onboard enrichment and special guest entertainment program aboard its award-winning fleet. They include Lars Kronmark, executive instructor at the Culinary Institute of America Greystone in California’s Napa Valley; Jeremy Bloor, executive chef at London’s OXO Tower Restaurant; Kaushik Chowdhury, executive pastry chef at the Fairmont Dubai hotel; and Marisol Simon, destination chef, writer and media personality.
These culinary luminaries will be on board to socialize with the guests and present events such as cooking demonstrations and wine tasting parties on board. In addition, they may share meals, adventures ashore and casual chats with guests throughout the voyage.
“We’re excited to welcome this very gifted group of individuals on board our ships,” said John Delaney, Seabourn’s senior vice president, marketing and sales. “Award-winning cuisine and great wines are important elements of a Seabourn cruise, and our guests will enjoy the insights and knowledge these culinary stars are able to provide.”
Seabourn’s current line-up of guest culinary talents includes:
- Lars Kronmark, executive instructor at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone
- Seabourn Pride, July 4 – 25, 2013
- Jeremy Bloor, executive Chef at OXO Tower Restaurant in London
- Seabourn Sojourn, September 3 – 24, 2013
- Kaushik Chowdhury, executive pastry chef at the Fairmont Dubai
- Seabourn Odyssey, October 12 – 30, 2013
- Marisol Simon, destination chef, writer and media personality
- Seabourn Legend, November 7 – 25, 2013
These guest chefs are only one portion of the stellar lineup of onboard enrichment and entertainment planned for guests sailing on the line’s intimate, all-suite ships. “Seabourn Conversations” topics are broken down into several categories: arts, celebrity, culinary, culture and destination, current affairs and history, and science.
A list of currently scheduled “Seabourn Conversations” guest speakers can be viewed here.
Seabourn’s intimate, all-suite ships offer key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas; superb dining in a choice of venues; open bars throughout the ship; fine wines poured at lunch and dinner; the aforementioned award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board.
Seabourn’s ships travel the globe throughout the year, sailing to many of the world’s most desirable destinations. Cruises of seven days to world cruises of more than 100 days visit hundreds of ports, including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world’s top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Six intimate ships with just 104 or 225 suites
- Unique itineraries visiting must-see cities and hidden gems where larger ships cannot follow
- Intuitive, gracious service provided by a staff passionate about pleasing our guests
- Spacious all-suite accommodations with sweeping ocean views – many with verandas
- Gourmet dining experiences as fine as the best restaurants anywhere
- Open bars throughout the ship and fine wines poured with lunch and dinner