FORT LAUDERDALE, Nov 5 Ã¢â‚¬â€œRegent Seven Seas Cruises has unveiled an expanded program of destination-intensive Ã¢â‚¬Å“Adventures AshoreÃ¢â‚¬Â in conjunction with its two World Cruises in 2009. These exciting land packages, which are separate from RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s core shore excursions, provide guests with unprecedented opportunities to broaden their knowledge of the exotic regions on RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s World Cruise itineraries. Regent made history earlier this year by becoming the first luxury cruise operator to announce two global cruises in the same year.
RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬Å“Concierge CollectionÃ¢â‚¬Â of Adventures Ashore range in length from 12 hours to four nights and encompass a broad range of once-in-a-lifetime activities. Participants can tour ChileÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s volcanoes amongst Magellanic penguins on a Ã¢â‚¬Å“Grand Patagonia OverlandÃ¢â‚¬Â journey, or enjoy an exclusive Imperial dinner prepared by Chairman MaoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s chef in ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Forbidden City as part of the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Beijing and The Great WallÃ¢â‚¬Â package. These and other enlightening Adventures Ashore tours are available in conjunction with RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s two World Cruises for 2009, with per person, double occupancy rates ranging from $310 to $5,450.
RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬Å“Grand CircumnavigationÃ¢â‚¬Â aboard 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony Seven Seas VoyagerÃ‚Â® departs January 12 from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, calling at ports in Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates and Turkey through May 2009. RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2009 Ã¢â‚¬Å“Ring of FireÃ¢â‚¬Â journey aboard 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony Seven Seas MarinerÃ‚Â® departs January 26 from Fort Lauderdale to call at ports in Argentina, Chile, Australia, Singapore, China, Japan, Alaska and Canada through May 2009.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Our 2009 Ã¢â‚¬Å“Concierge CollectionÃ¢â‚¬Â Adventures Ashore offer our guests incredible opportunities to extend their exploration of intriguing destinations and cultural capitals on every continent,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Darius Mehta, Director of Land Programs. These eye-opening programs provide Regent guests with more opportunities to enjoy memorable travel experiences by venturing inland and off the beaten track.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Adventures Ashore aboard Seven Seas VoyagerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2009 Grand Circumnavigation cruise include:
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Romantic Escape at Moorea PearlÃ¢â‚¬Â (January 22 to 23) – Guests enjoy an intimate journey to Moorea, one of the most idyllic Polynesian islands considered the inspiration for James MichenerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s novel Bali Hai. Guests can enjoy an intimate dinner for two and spend the night in an above-water bungalow at the distinctive Pearl Resort.
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat & Indian Pacific Train (February 17 to 21) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Explore Australia in a unique new way during tours of Adelaide and Kangaroo Island, followed by a scenic journey by rail to Perth. Along the way, guests will cross the Nullarbor Plain, visit the Gold Rush town of Kalgoorie and observe the continentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s diverse natural beauty. Upon arrival in Perth, guests will take a tour of the twin cities, Perth and Fremantle, before being transferred to the ship.
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Imperial to Colonial and Mai ChauÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Hill TribesÃ¢â‚¬Â (March 13 to 16) – This eye-opening look into the history, culture, architecture and people of Vietnam features an insiderÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s tour of the intricate maze of marketsÃ¢â‚¬â€and ancient legends of the lakeÃ¢â‚¬â€in HanoiÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Old Quarter.
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Delhi, Agra, JaipurÃ¢â‚¬Â (March 23 to 26) – Guests explore the palaces, temples, forts and monuments linking contemporary India with past rulers, empires and dynasties. The program features four days of exploration in India, including visits to the Buddhist temples of Colombo, JaipurÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Pink City, LutyenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Delhi and the Taj Mahal at both sunset and sunrise.
Adventures Ashore aboard Seven Seas MarinerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2009 Ring of Fire cruise include:
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Darwin, Bamurru Safari Camp and KakaduÃ¢â‚¬Â (March 30 to April 3) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ AustraliaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s colorful past and rugged natural beauty is on display during this scenic sojourn through the Northern Territory. The tour begins with a flight to Darwin, where guests will visit the Botanical Garden, Museum of the Arts & Natural Sciences and other historic sites of the city. Guests will then fly to Bathurst Island, one of the Tiwi Islands, to meet the Tiwi People, and delve into their centuries-old culture and history. The next day, guests will proceed to Swim Creek Station for a two-night stay at Bamurru Plains Safari Camp. During the stay, guests can participate in a wide range of activities, and explore the thriving ecosystem, pristine coastal floodplains and wetlands abundant with diverse bird, reptile and wildlife species. The tour concludes with a cruise on the lovely Yellow Waters Lagoon at Kakadu National Park, a World Heritage site, followed by a chartered flight featuring spectacular views over the park en route to Darwin and the ship.
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Special Access Terracotta Warriors and Li River CruiseÃ¢â‚¬Â (April 24 to 27) – This thrilling excursion features exclusive access to a second level of Xian, ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s spectacular Terra Cotta Warriors, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a heavily restricted archeological discovery.
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Panda Encounter Ã¢â‚¬â€œ A Day at the Panda Research BaseÃ¢â‚¬Â (April 29 to May 1) – Here, travelers can share a hugÃ¢â‚¬â€and a memorable photo opÃ¢â‚¬â€with a giant panda at the Giant Panda Breeding Research base in Chengdu City, the capital of ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s SW Sichuan province.
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Nara, Kyoto and Traditional Japanese InnÃ¢â‚¬Â (May 6 to 7) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ JapanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s distinct culture, history and traditions are on display as guests journey to the historic cities of Nara and Kyoto. In Nara, guests will visit the 8th century Todaiji Temple, Hall of the Great Buddha and Kasuga Taisha Shrine. Travelers will also have the rare opportunity to experience the customs and traditions of daily Japanese life through an overnight stay in a traditional Japanese hotel, or roykan.
All segments of the RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2009 World Cruises are now open for sale. Further details on these programs can be found on RegentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s website, www.TheRegentExperience.com.