SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (November 6, 2007) – Princess Cruises and Barclays today announced the Princess Rewards Visa Signature card, a new co-branded credit card and rewards program for that offers passengers the opportunity to earn free cruises, onboard credits, and discounts toward their cruise fares, air travel or special amenities. Applications for the no-annual-fee card will be accepted starting December 10, 2007 at www.princessvisa.com.
“Our passengers have been asking for this type of credit card option from Princess, so we’re very excited to offer them one with a rewards program that features the most cruise-related redemption options of any card in our industry,” said Jan Swartz, Princess’ senior vice president of customer service. “And we’ve added a number of features I’m sure many will appreciate, such as no capacity controls or blackout date restrictions on rewards.” Swartz emphasized that another important feature will be the cardholder’s ability to still use their favorite travel agent to book reward travel.
“Working closely with Princess, we customized a credit card program that would help cruise enthusiasts earn reward travel and other amenities faster, thus making everyday purchases with the card almost as rewarding as the cruise itself,” said Lloyd M. Wirshba, CEO of Barclays U.S. credit card business. “With the Princess Rewards Visa card, Barclays is delighted to help make it easier for more people to experience an unforgettable travel experience on Princess Cruises.”
The Princess Rewards Visa Signature card introduces the “Princess Points” program, in which card holders will earn two points for every dollar spent on Princess purchases, whether for cruise fare or onboard expenditures, and one point for each dollar on all other purchases. Rewards start at just 2,000 points, and include a variety of choices, including:
- Free Cruises – beginning at 150,000 points, with no blackout dates or capacity limits.
- Cruise Discounts – card holders can redeem points for discounts ranging from $100 to $2,000 off Princess cruise fares
- Air Travel Discounts – valid on any air travel, card holders can receive a credit when they book any flight
- Special Occasion Packages – passengers can celebrate an anniversary, honeymoon, vow renewal or any special occasion with a choice of free packages, ranging from a Champagne Balcony Breakfast to a Grand Occasion Package
- Cruise Merchandise – card holders can choose to receive onboard gifts such as Lotus Spa credits, a bottle of champagne, a bouquet from the onboard florist and many other options
- Onboard Credits – passengers can reward themselves with onboard credits to be used for any onboard purchases, whether a romantic dinner at Sabatini’s, an adventurous shore excursion or the ultimate souvenir from the onboard boutiques
The Princess Rewards Visa Signature card is offered at a low introductory APR and features up to 10,000 bonus points after the first qualifying transaction, including 5,000 points for signing up and up to 5,000 more points for balance transfers within the first 30 days. Princess Captain’s Circle members are also eligible for an additional 5,000 bonus points when they use the card to book a cruise by January 31, 2008.
The Princess Rewards Visa card is available to residents of the 50 U.S. states, age 18 and older. Further information about the new card is available at www.princessvisa.com. Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company’s website at www.princess.com .