SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (August 17, 2009) — Princess Cruises has added seven new sailings to its fall 2010 to spring 2011 schedule aboard Sapphire Princess, including two leisurely Pacific crossings between California and Sydney, plus additional Hawaii cruises.
“Due to the enthusiastic response to our 2009 Trans Pacific sailing we wanted to offer additional opportunities to experience this unique itinerary,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “The two new month-long sailings visiting 13 tropical ports of call will give cruisers a true taste of the idyllic South Pacific.”
Swartz added that increased interest in roundtrip Hawaii sailings prompted Princess to add several more of these sailings to its west coast lineup as well.
The new Sapphire Princess voyages include:
- 2-day Pacific Coastal (Vancouver to San Francisco) — September 20, 2010
- 30-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific (San Francisco to Sydney) — September 22, 2010
- 29-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific (Sydney to Los Angeles) — October 23, 2010
- 10-day Mexican Riviera (roundtrip out of Los Angeles) — January 5, 2011
- 14-day Hawaiian Islands (roundtrip out of Los Angeles) — January 29, 2011
- 14-day Hawaiian Islands (roundtrip out of Los Angeles) — February 26, 2011
- 14-day Hawaiian Islands (roundtrip out of Los Angeles) — March 26, 2011
The new sailings are currently open for sale, with fares starting at $199 per person for the new two-day coastal cruise. Hawaiian Islands sailings begin at $1,995 per person, and Pacific crossings begin at $4,195 per person.
To accommodate the new cruises, which were added as a result of shifting demand in the west coast cruise market, Princess has cancelled 15 previously scheduled Mexican Riviera sailings. An additional 17 Mexican Riviera sailings are still available during this time period.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company’s website at www.princess.com.Princess Cruises Adds New South Pacific and Hawaii Sailings in 2010-11