SANTA CLARITA, CA, August 15 – One of the seasonal cruise opportunities on Princess’ worldwide calendar each year is the chance to experience the Princess product with a short West Coast sailing. Ranging from overnight to as long as a week, these “coastal” sailings offer a great way for travelers to sample Princess’ amenity-filled vessels and renowned service while exploring the Pacific coastline of North America. For the 2008-09 season, passengers can choose from one-, two-, three- and four-night escapes in the spring and fall. Two special week-long coastal sailings on Sapphire Princess include a Coastal Wine Region cruise with special wine-related tours, programs and special guests; and a British Columbia and West Coast cruise.
“Coastal voyages are a great way to sample what Princess offers from shipboard amenities, dining and entertainment, to our acclaimed service,” said Jan Swartz, Princess’ senior vice president of customer service and sales. “And next season our longer sampler sailings also offer the opportunity to explore the West Coast and many of the area’s wonderful wine regions.”
Princess Coastal Sailings for 2008-09 include:
- British Columbia and West Coast Coastal: A seven-day tour of the west coast from Vancouver to Los Angeles with calls at Victoria, San Francisco, Catalina Island and San Diego. Sapphire Princess sets sail on this journey on September 20, 2008.
- Wine Country Coastal: A week-long exploration featuring the California wine regions of Santa Barbara and the San Francisco area as well as the microbreweries of Astoria, Oregon. Passengers can expand their knowledge of food and wine with shore excursion options to wineries in port, as well as enjoy presentations from a guest wine expert and guest chef who will offer demonstrations, wine tastings and special meals. The cruise aboard Sapphire Princess departs from Los Angeles on May 9, 2009, sailing to Vancouver with calls at Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Astoria, Seattle and Victoria.
- San Francisco/Vancouver: A two-day journey between the “City by the Bay” and British Columbia’s largest city. Offered on Star Princess on May 7, 2009.
- Los Angeles/Vancouver: Several ships offer a choice of three-night getaways between Los Angeles and Vancouver, including Coral Princess on September 15, 2008 and May 15, 2009, Golden Princess on September 28, 2008, and Island Princess on September 22, 2008. Island Princess also offers a four-day voyage on May 7, 2009 offering a call in Victoria.
- Seattle/Vancouver: These overnight sailings between Seattle and Vancouver give passengers a taste of life aboard, with departures on Golden Princess on September 27, 2008 and Star Princess on May 9, 2009. Golden Princess also offers a four-day Alaskan Sampler cruise between Vancouver and Seattle featuring a call in Ketchikan, departing on May 5, 2009.
Early booking fares for Princess Coastal sailing starts at $99 per person for an overnight sailing, based on double occupancy. Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company’s website at www.princess.com.