In response to the needs of past passengers and prospective travellers P&O Cruises has launched a new and improved website to ease the process of researching and booking cruises.
Now visitors logging-on to www.pocruises.co.uk will be greeted with a new easy to use website offering an improved online experience. Budding photographers will also have the chance to enter the online photo competition by sharing their favourite cruise photograph; it could be a favourite destination or ship, or a photo taken whilst at sea. The winning image will take pride of place on the P&O Cruises homepage.
Philip Price, head of brand marketing, P&O Cruises, said: â€œOur website is increasingly the first port of call for people planning and researching a cruise holiday. With the rise in travel-related online activity it is essential that visitors find browsing and navigating our site as simple but informative as possible.
â€œWe also want our website to be a true reflection of the effortless experience passengers enjoy on board all of our ships.
â€œP&O Cruises new-style site is comprehensive and entertaining, catering to all visitors to the site. It is innovative enough to impress the increasingly younger and more Internet-savvy traveller, yet easy enough for newbies to navigate with ease.â€
Key features include virtual ship tours, destination images, web cams, interactive Google maps and the benefit of up to date pricing and availability.
The new websiteâ€™s other features include:
- Extensive destination section covering over 200 ports in more than 80 countries
- Details of all ships including virtual tours, web cams, and a ship tracker
- A ‘recently viewed cruises’ panel which will give users a quick and easy route back to the last three cruises they viewed
- Electronic brochures to personalise own mini-brochure, with up-to-date pricing at the time of download
- The opportunity to talk to new and experienced cruisers as part of the community message board
- Savings of up to 45% pricebreaker discount on bookings, plus an additional 5% online discount
The new website can be found at www.pocruises.co.uk. Entries to the online photo competition can be made via www.pocruises.co.uk/competition. Closing date for entries is Thursday 31st July 2008.