Posted 31 Jul 08 – P&O Cruises is offering a new collection of shore excursions for holidaymakers setting sail in 2008/09.
Designed to meet and exceed the needs of new and more adventurous cruise passengers, the programme offers a range of â€˜must doâ€™ activities and experiences on land, sea and in the air.
P&O Cruises managing director, Nigel Esdale, said: â€œWe are now attracting more new to cruise passengers than ever before and these holidaymakers are looking for something a little different to do on shore than a guided coach tour.
â€œWe can now offer them experiences that simply would not be possible on any other type of holiday. In a two week Mediterranean cruise they could charter a private yacht, go zip-wiring, learn to cook an authentic Italian specialities and make their very own fragrance.
â€œIt is this breadth of choice that sets our holidays apart from any other.â€
Highlights of the Mediterranean shore excursion programme are:
- Driving a red Ferrari F430 for the day through the streets of Italy, from the port of Livorno.
- Creating a personal fragrance with master perfumers in The Galimard Studio in Grasse, from port of Cannes (from 2009).
- Learning how to make fresh Tuscan specialties in a farmhouse overlooking the Alps, from the port of Livorno.
In the Caribbean, highlights include:
- Zip wiring through the rainforest, in Jamaica
- Racing a private Beneteau 40 yacht, in Antigua.
Highlights in the Baltic / Northern Europe are:
- Exploring glaciers and ice-fields on a snow truck, from Reykjavik.
- Floating downstream on the River SuldalslÃ¥gen, for a 2km â€˜Salmon Safariâ€™, from Stavanger.
For more information on any P&O Cruises holidays, destinations and shore excursions, visit www.pocruises.co.uk, call 0845 3 555 333 or see your local travel agent.