The results of our cruise music survey are in and the Party Bands lead the way as cruise passenger favorites. They are followed closely by the Reggea Bands. With 138 votes in, the Party bands barely beat out the Reggae bands 15% to 14%. Perhaps what is most interesting about our survey was the diversity of the answers. It seems the passenger’s tastes in music are as varied as the types of music offered on various cruise lines. Perhaps the key to providing passengers with the best possible cruise experience is to offer a variety of music in different venues, and even include a few quiet places or times for those cruisers who prefer less music.
What is your favorite type of music on a cruise ship.
* Party Band: The Greatest Dance and Party Hits of All Time (15%, 21 Votes)
* Reggae (14%, 19 Votes)
* I like it all as long as it is performed well. (14%, 19 Votes)
* Oldies (10%, 14 Votes)
* Classic Rock (8%, 11 Votes)
* Big Band Orchestra (8%, 11 Votes)
* Country (7%, 10 Votes)
* Ball Room Dance Hits (6%, 8 Votes)
* Piano Man: Standards and Classics with Piano and Vocal (4%, 6 Votes)
* Classical Music: Concert Pianist or String Quartet (4%, 6 Votes)
* I wish they’d have less music, its always too loud (4%, 5 Votes)
* Jazz ensemble (3%, 4 Votes)
* Soft Rock Guitarist (3%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 138
Be sure to check our our new survey on wine.