9 Apr 09 – Ever dreamt of driving a sleek Ferrari around the streets of Rome or soaring over glaciers in a helicopter? Well now the dream can become a reality with the range of 89 new shore excursions being offered by P&O Cruises in 2009.
Designed to meet and exceed the needs of new and more adventurous cruise passengers, the programme offers a range of â€˜must doâ€™ activities and experiences on land, sea and in the air. P&O Cruises managing director, Nigel Esdale, said: â€œThis new range of shore excursions offers new and returning passengers the chance to experience something completely extraordinary during their holiday. â€œWe can now offer them a choice of experiences that simply would not be possible on any other type of holiday. In a two week Mediterranean cruise they could have a private viewing of St Markâ€™s Basilica, handpick a diamond, go kayaking, cook an authentic French crepe and learn to flamenco dance.â€
Highlights of the shore excursion programme are:
- Driving a Ferrari F430 through the streets of Rome from the port of Civitavecchia
- Stunning helicopter trip over the New York skyline
- Visit to Breton Strawberry farm and experience the art of crepe making, from the port of Brest
- Kayaking on the tranquil Eidfjord lake
- Sea plane sightseeing flight over Bergen
For more information on any P&O Cruises holidays, destinations and shore excursions, visit www.pocruises.co.uk, call 0845 3 555 333 or see your local travel agent.