Miami, November 2, 2010 â€“ As part of its ongoing Pillars of Distinction initiative â€“ the most significant product investment in the companyâ€™s history â€“ Oceania Cruises has announced the second phase of innovative fleet-wide enhancements. These multi-million-dollar updates are in addition to the previously announced physical enhancements being made during the regularly scheduled dry-docks for Regatta, Insignia and Nautica.
“As the leader in upper-premium cruising, we continually raise the bar to exceed our guestsâ€™ expectations and offer unrivaled value,” stated Bob Binder, president of Oceania Cruises. â€œThis latest phase of our Pillars of Distinction program reinforces the three hallmarks of the Oceania Cruises experience: cuisine, service and comfort.â€
* An expanded menu of â€œJacques PÃ©pin Signature Itemsâ€ in the Grand Dining Rooms, which include Cotes dâ€™Agneau Grillees â€“ grilled lamb chop served with ratatouille and lamb gravy with thyme, and Gambas SautÃ© ProvenÃ§al â€“ sautÃ©ed shrimp in olive oil from Nice with garlic, parsley and tomatoes
* Evening menus in the Terrace CafÃ© will focus on regional specialties from the area the ship is sailings in addition to each eveningâ€™s ever changing range of traditional favorites
* Gourmet VIP canapÃ© service for all suite guests now includes a wider array of specialty, gourmand-inspired delicacies which are presented on new, custom designed china
* Espresso and Cappuccino from the famed Illy Coffee of Italy
* Free shuttle service in more than 90 ports worldwide where the ship is docked away from the city center
* Introduction of production shows created by the legendary Gary J. Musick company that feature a full ensemble, original choreography, lavish costuming and rousing musical numbers
* Dramatically faster internet speeds as a result of new partnership with MTN
* Complimentary in-suite newspaper delivery for Ownerâ€™s, Vista and Oceania suites
* Upgraded bath amenities and toiletries in all accommodations, including Bulgari for Concierge-level and suite guests
* Laptops, currently featured in all Ownerâ€™s and Vista suites on Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, will be added to all Penthouse Suites
* iPads for all Ownerâ€™s, Vista and Oceania suites
Pillars of Distinction amenities will be featured on Oceania Cruisesâ€™ new Marina, scheduled for delivery in January 2011, and sister ship Riviera, which joins the fleet in April 2012 and be introduced aboard Regatta, Insignia and Nautica in the spring of 2011.
The lineâ€™s Pillars of Distinction is an ongoing initiative, with more enhancements and updates to be announced. For reservations or to order a brochure, contact a travel professional, browse our website or call toll-free at 800-531-5658.