Miami, FL, March 3, 2008 Ã¢â‚¬â€ Oceania Cruises is pleased to announce the release of the new 2009 European Collection. With three ships positioned in Europe for the season, Oceania Cruises will offer new opportunities for discerning travelers to explore everything from the romantic waters of the Mediterranean and Greek Isles to the cosmopolitan capitals and stunning scenery of Northern Europe. With an unrivaled array of itineraries that call on EuropeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most enticing ports, Oceania Cruises will offer 56 European voyages that range in length from 10 to 30 days and call at more than 80 ports.
With a keen focus on providing a unique and enriching destination experience, every aspect of the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2009 European Collection has been meticulously crafted with the discriminating traveler in mind. With more overnight stays in EuropeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s star cities and a unique mixture of marquee and boutique ports, traveler are afforded the opportunity to immerse themselves in the rich and abundant history, culture and cuisine of EuropeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most alluring cities.
“Whether guests are exploring the wonders of iconic destinations like St. Petersburg and Venice for the first time, or are veteran travelers seeking a new discovery such as Koper in Slovenia or Fowey in the United Kingdom, Oceania CruisesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ 2009 Europe Collection offers an unparalleled wealth of choices,Ã¢â‚¬Â stated Bob Binder, President of Oceania Cruises.
Highlights of the 2009 European Collection
- From the Black Sea to the Baltics, there are 56 extraordinary voyages to choose from including 10 distinct Western Mediterranean itineraries.
- Magnificent Maiden Ports Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Hellesylt, Norway; Fowey, United Kingdom; Biarritz, France; Koper, Slovenia; and Split, Croatia.
- JJacques PÃƒÂ©pin sails aboard Insignia from Barcelona to Istanbul on August 9. With a mix of intriguing ports including Egypt and the Holy Land, this voyage will include special culinary demonstrations, wine lectures and exclusive shore side events.
- 5th Annual Oceania Club Reunion Cruise Ã¢â‚¬â€œ departing from Rome on October 5, 2009, this extraordinary 12-day voyage call on a dozen ports in five fascinating countries. With a stellar line-up of ports that includes Venice, Cinque Terre, Dubrovnik, Kotor, and Monte Carlo to name just a few, Oceania Club members will be feted with exclusive cocktail parties, members-only lunches and dinners, private shore excursions and additional surprises.
- A New 16-day Venice-Rome voyage highlights the scenic splendor and intriguing history of the Dalmatian Coast. Insignia sails from Venice to Rome on May 15 and calls on Koper, Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Sarande, Valletta, Taormina, Sorrento, Amalfi, Florence, St Tropez, and Cinque Terre.
- Regatta returns to Scandinavia and Russia and sails to Norway and the British Isles for the very first time. A 12-day Norwegian Fjords and British Isles cruise sails roundtrip from Dover on July 13 and calls on Edinburgh, Invergordon, Alesund, Hellesylt, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford, and Fowey.
- A new 14-day Egypt and Israel itinerary sails from Barcelona to Istanbul and includes Tunisia, Malta, Greece, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus and Turkey. This voyage departs aboard Nautica on June 27, Insignia on August 9 and Regatta on October 31.
- 4 new Grand Voyages that span all of Europe, with one that journeys all the way to South America. Guests may sail from Venice to Stockholm; Barcelona to Venice, showcasing virtually the entire Mediterranean; Istanbul to Miami; and Rome to Rio de Janeiro.
Free Airfare and 2 for 1 Cruise Fares Start at $1,499 per Guest
With Free Airfare from 20 North American gateways and 2 for 1 cruise fares, these extraordinary voyages are the pinnacle of value. 2 for 1 cruise fares start at just $1,499 per guest and guests are urged to make their reservations as early as possible to ensure that they take advantage of the free airfare and receive the accommodations of choice on their preferred voyage.
About Oceania Cruises
Oceania CruisesÃ‚Â® is the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s only upper-premium cruise line and offers a unique combination of the finest cuisine at sea, luxurious accommodations, exceptional personalized service and extraordinary value. As the leader in destination cruising, Oceania Cruises sails to more than 180 ports in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean. Featuring three intimate and elegant mid-sized ships, Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, the line will introduce two new mid-size Oceania Class ships to its award-winning fleet in 2010 and 2011. For additional information, to make a reservation, or to order a brochure, please contact your Travel Agent or Oceania Cruises at 800-531-5658. Visit us at OceaniaCruises.com.
About Prestige Cruise Holdings
Prestige Cruise Holdings (PCH) is a subsidiary of Apollo Management L.P. and the parent corporation of Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Formed in 2007 to manage select assets in Apollo ManagementÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cruise investment portfolio, PCH is led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Frank J. Del Rio, the founder of Oceania Cruises. PCH is the market leader in the Upper Premium and Luxury segments of the cruise industry with more than 4,450 berths between the Regent Seven Seas and Oceania Cruises brands, a number the company expects will grow to more than 6,700 berths by 2011.