OCEANIA CRUISES’ 2009 EUROPEAN COLLECTION DRIVES RECORD DEMAND
Miami, FL, March 4, 2008 Ã¢â‚¬â€ Oceania Cruises announced that on March 3rd, a new record for reservations was set as the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2009 European Collection of sailings went on sale. Oceania Cruises opened its reservation lines at 8 am on March 3rd and took more than 500 new reservations in the first hours. At the close of business the line had bested it previous reservations record by more than 20% and some departures were close to 50% sold.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“With limited availability for our 2008 sailings, Travel Agents and Oceania Club members have been eager to learn details of our 2009 European itineraries. Our Travel Partners have always provided us with tremendous support and the response to our newly released itineraries has been nothing short of spectacular,Ã¢â‚¬Â stated Bob Binder, President of Oceania Cruises.
Oceania CruisesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ 2009 European Collection includes 56 voyages to Scandinavia and Russia, the British Isles and Norway, the Western Mediterranean, and the Greek Isles. Sailings range from 10 to 30 days in length, call on more than 80 ports of call, and feature an abundance of overnight port stays.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“One of the primary drivers of our success has been our focus on providing our guests with the richest and most rewarding destination experience possible. When you combine our itineraries with an acclaimed dining experience, and a level of personal service that can only be found on mid-size ships, it creates an unrivaled value proposition that drives demand from agents and past guests to exceptional levels,Ã¢â‚¬Â stated Frank Del Rio, Chairman and CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings.
Highlights of the 2009 European Collection
- From the Black Sea to the Baltics, there are 56 extraordinary voyages to choose from including 10 distinct Western Mediterranean itineraries.
- A New 16-day Venice-Rome voyage highlights the scenic splendor and intriguing history of the Dalmatian Coast. Insignia sails from Venice to Rome on May 15 and calls on Koper, Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Sarande, Valletta, Taormina, Sorrento, Amalfi, Florence, St Tropez, and Cinque Terre.
- Regatta returns to Scandinavia and Russia and sails to Norway and the British Isles for the very first time. A 12-day Norwegian Fjords and British Isles cruise sails roundtrip from Dover on July 13 and calls on Edinburgh, Invergordon, Alesund, Hellesylt, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford, and Fowey.
- A new 14-day Egypt and Israel itinerary sails from Barcelona to Istanbul and includes Tunisia, Malta, Greece, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus and Turkey. This voyage departs aboard Nautica on June 27, Insignia on August 9 and Regatta on October 31.
- 4 new Grand Voyages that span all of Europe and South America. Guests may sail from Venice to Stockholm; Barcelona to Venice, showcasing virtually the entire Mediterranean; Istanbul to Miami; and Rome to Rio de Janeiro.
About Oceania Cruises
Oceania CruisesÃ‚Â® is the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s only upper-premium cruise line and offers a unique combination of the finest cuisine at sea, luxurious accommodations, exceptional personalized service and extraordinary value. As the leader in destination cruising, Oceania Cruises sails to more than 180 ports in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean. Featuring three intimate and elegant mid-sized ships, Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, the line will introduce two new mid-size Oceania Class ships to its award-winning fleet in 2010 and 2011. For additional information, to make a reservation, or to order a brochure, please contact your Travel Agent or Oceania Cruises at 800-531-5658. Visit us at OceaniaCruises.com.