Miami – (April 09, 2007 ) – Guests on Celebrity Cruisesâ€™ Mediterranean and Baltic voyages soon will have the opportunity to delight in the rich cultures of Europe without even disembarking the ship. In June, the top-rated line will introduce â€œPassaporto di Europa,â€ its newly expanded, Europe-themed onboard activities program.
Designed to enhance guestsâ€™ experience on sea days â€“ days spent traveling from one port to another â€“ and in the evenings throughout the cruise, Passaporto di Europa will offer numerous entertainment-, shopping- and dining-related activities based solely on several cultural activities of Europe.
Highlights of the Passaporto di Europa program on Mediterranean sailings include the following activities:
- In France: Pasta meets panache in a friendly cook-off between onboard culinary staff proudly representing Italy and France, where guests take sides and cheer on their hosts; a wine and cheese fair gives guests a taste of two of Franceâ€™s most popular exports.
- In Italy: â€œCarnevale di Veneziaâ€ replicates the famous St. Markâ€™s Square event when the shipâ€™s pool deck is transformed into a real â€œpiazza,â€ complete with music, food, a mask-making festival for guests, a gondola race, and the traditional â€œflight of the dove.â€
- In Spain: A culinary demonstration featuring Paella and SangrÃa-making lessons, samples and take-home recipes in a â€œtaste of Spainâ€.
- In Greece: â€œDining under the Santorini Starsâ€ offers a candlelight, taverna-style dining experience with Greek food and authentic entertainment; followed by â€œOpa!,â€ an on-deck festival featuring music, food, dancing, bedsheets-as-tunics, photographs with Celebrityâ€™s own Zeus and Athena, and a â€œVenus and Apollo of the Voyageâ€ competition.
- A Mediterranean street fair offers guests the chance to purchase Mediterranean crafts and gifts, LladrÃ³ figurines and Italian glass onboard while enjoying gourmet foods, music and a distinctly Mediterranean ambience.
- In Germany: â€œOktoberfest German Biergartenâ€ offers local German beers for sale, complemented by German foods, a sausage-eating contest and a performance by an authentic German oompah band.
- In Scandinavia: During â€œCosmetics in the Cold,â€ the AquaSpa staff offer guests tips for keeping their nails and hair healthy and their make-up fresh in cold-weather climates.
- In Russia: Onboard shops are stocked with Russian wares such as Russian diamonds, amber, lacquer boxes and FabergÃ© eggs during â€œRussian Bazaar.â€
- In the British Isles: Guests can take a step back in time at the â€œâ€™60s British Invasion Party,â€ experience antique and authentic English pub games of the past and present and discover Irish whiskey during â€œIrish Pub Night and Sing-Along,â€ learn the Queenâ€™s English, and participate in a British royalty trivia competition.
- â€œEurope through the Silver Screenâ€ presents a cruise-long film festival of European cinema, featuring classic and modern films which depict the region, its history, and glimpses of its landscape.
On Baltic sailings, highlights include:
Guests sailing on Celebrity Century, Celebrity Galaxy, Celebrity Constellation and Celebrity Millennium will receive a passport-style souvenir booklet that they can bring to each activity, where ship staff will stamp it. At the end of the sailing, guests will present their passports to receive various program-specific prizes based on the number of stamps collected.
Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise experiences with highly personalized service, exceptional dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Antarctica, Bermuda, California, Caribbean, Europe, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal and South America, and will begin sailing in Australia and New Zealand this year. The line also offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Canada, Europe and Australia through its cruisetour division. Noted for “The World’s Best Large Ships,” as voted by the readers of Conde’ Nast Traveler (February 2007 Cruise Poll), Celebrity’s current fleet will be joined by Celebrity Journey and Celebrity Quest this year, Celebrity Solstice in 2008, Celebrity Equinox in 2009, and Celebrity Eclipse in 2010. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit www.celebritycruises.com.