MIAMI, FL, Nov 11 â€“ Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that Norwegian Spirit is undergoing a multi-million dollar refurbishment focused on enhancing the total guest experience. The 2,376 passenger Freestyle Cruising ship is receiving a total renovation to its public areas, staterooms and suites. These refurbishments are in addition to the enhancements already made as part of Freestyle 2.0, the companyâ€™s fleet-wide initiative to further improve the guest experience across all guest touch points from food and beverage to staterooms.
â€œNorwegian Spiritâ€™s multi-million dollar renovation will enrich the overall guest experience by making significant enhancements to the ship overall,â€ said Andy Stuart, NCLâ€™s executive vice president and chief product officer. â€œWith the combination of our recent Freestyle 2.0 enhancements and all of the refurbishments being made, Norwegian Spirit will emerge refreshed and revitalized for her winter season sailing seven-day Exotic Western Caribbean cruises from New Orleans.â€
Norwegian Spiritâ€™s total refurbishment includes:
- 11 new staterooms are being added, eight of which are balconies;
- one diesel engine is being replaced;
- the Stardust Theater, with a capacity of approximately 700, is receiving all new seating and chairs;
- seating throughout the ship is being reupholstered;
- more than 21,000 sq meters of carpet is being replaced in public areas, stairwells, suites and staterooms;
- new wallpaper is being installed in suites, corridors and public areas;
- new curtains are being added to all suites;
- tile in 300 bathrooms throughout the ship is being replaced;
- all open decks including the main pool, kidâ€™s pool and four hot tubs are undergoing refurbishment;
- the Roman Spa & Fitness Center is being upgraded with new doors, panels and seats;
- more than 60 windows are being replaced;
- the onboard phone system is being upgraded to a state of the art wireless system.
Following the completion of the refurbishment, Norwegian Spirit will re-enter service on Nov 23, 2008 and begin a series of twenty-one 7-day Exotic Western Caribbean cruises from New Orleans, her homeport for the winter season, with calls in Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala; and Belize City, Belize.
Norwegian Spirit offers Freestyle Cruising with the flexibility of 11 restaurants, seven bars and lounges, multiple entertainment venues, two pools, extensive childrenâ€™s facilities, a sports deck, casino, spa, and a variety of spacious public rooms. The ship joined the NCL fleet in 2004 and underwent a previous dry dock in 2005. For more information or to book a sailing on Norwegian Spirit, call your travel professional, go to www.ncl.com or contact NCL at 866-234-0292.