Miami – Jun 18, 2009 — Norwegian Cruise Line today announced that Norwegian Sky underwent a complete refurbishment focused on enhancing the guest experience while the 2,002-passenger ship was in dry dock last month in Freeport, Bahamas. The ship, which entered the Miami short cruise market approximately one year ago, received enhancements to its public areas, staterooms and suites, as well as the addition of three new staterooms.
“Norwegian Sky has been in high demand since we brought her to Miami to sail three and four-day Bahamas cruises last year; and therefore we wanted to give her a beautiful new look for the summer season and beyond,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “The ship is the perfect getaway as it offers great value for money for families, friends and couples alike looking to relax and escape the everyday.”
Norwegian Sky’s total refurbishment includes:
- reupholstering all 1,000 seats in the Stardust Theater;
- major updates to 14 suites which received new wallpaper; new marble tiles in the showers and tubs; and refinishing all wood work including the teak around the whirlpools on the suite balconies;
- improvements to Dazzles Bar and Nightclub, including refinishing of the dance floor; reupholstering of the club’s chairs and bar stools and removal of banquette seating creating additional room on the dance floor;
- new upholstery to all of the seating in the Atrium;
- installation of new food stations in the Garden CafÃ©, Norwegian’s signature action station restaurant, along with refurbishment of Il Adagio, the ship’s Italian restaurant;
- the addition of three new staterooms; and
- repainting of the colorful murals surrounding the pool area.
Norwegian Sky’s three and four-day Bahamas sailings departing from Miami are from $199 per person. Norwegian Sky departs Miami on Mondays sailing four-day Bahamas cruises with full-day stops in Grand Bahama Island, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian’s private island in the Bahamas. On Fridays, the ship sails a weekend getaway three-day Bahamas itinerary, departing Miami at 5 p.m. with all-day stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, returning to Miami at 7 a.m. on Monday mornings.
Norwegian Sky has more than 240 balcony staterooms, a choice of six different restaurants, 10 bars and lounges, multiple entertainment venues, a luxurious spa, two pools, extensive children’s facilities, a sports deck and a variety of spacious public rooms.
For more information or to book a sailing on Norwegian Sky, call your travel professional, go to ncl.com or contact NCL at 866-234-7350.