LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2008 – Crystal Cruises announces a new post-cruise land program enabling guests to immerse themselves in the beauty and culture of Spain’s Costa Brava, or “wild coast.” Following Crystal Serenity’s October 18 voyage from Rome to Barcelona, an optional four-night, five-day program offers historical, architectural and culinary enrichment in Barcelona and the Spanish countryside.
In addition to five-star resort accommodations, highlights of the post-cruise program include:
- The medieval city of Figueres, the birthplace of artist Salvador DalÃƒÂ, including a visit to the DalÃƒÂ Theater-Museum.
- La Sagrada Familia, the famed church and centerpiece of Barcelona designed by master architect Antonio GaudÃƒÂ.
- BesalÃƒÂº, one of the best-preserved medieval towns in the region.
- Girona, nicknamed the “City of a Thousand Sieges,” as a result of being repeatedly invaded by numerous armies, including Napoleon’s, over the centuries.
- The castle of Perelada, which houses a fine restaurant, casino, glass and wine museums and a library of more than 80,000 antique books.
- Gourmet dining at a 13th century farmhouse restaurant.
“We continue to respond to our guests’ requests for shoreside opportunities in certain destinations,” says John Stoll, Crystal’s director of land programs. “We’ve had limited calls in Spain, but found that our guests really loved the Crystal Adventures in Spanish ports, so we have expanded our program there. We’re always seeking to give our guests more of the experiences they love.”
The five-day itinerary takes guests to Barcelona and through the Catalonian countryside, with luxury hotel accommodations at Hotel Alva Park Resort & Spa in Girona. The 12-day cruise prior calls in Rome, Naples and Sicily, Italy; Gibraltar, UK; MÃƒÂ¡laga, Cartagena, Valencia, Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain.
Cruise fares begin at $4,445 per person, double occupancy, with Crystal’s Mediterranean savings promotion. Complimentary stateroom upgrades are available for certain accommodations. The Costa Brava Exploration program is $4,599 per person, double occupancy, and must be pre-reserved prior to cruise embarkation.
The Crystal Difference
Aboard the ultra-luxurious Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, refined elegance meets casual simplicity. With an emphasis on innovative product differentiation, the renowned Crystal experience is distinguished by classic service, abundant space, extensive choices and superior quality, providing worldwide vacations of seven to 100+ days that bridge the best of land and sea. Grounded in more than a decade of accolades, Crystal has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of Travel + Leisure and CondÃƒÂ© Nast Traveler more than any other cruise line, hotel or resort in history.
For additional information and Crystal reservations, please contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the luxury line’s website at crystalcruises.com.