LOS ANGELES, August 5, 2009 â€“ For its fall New England and Canada itineraries, Crystal Cruises has set nearly 100 diverse Crystal Adventures ashore. With dozens of options to suit most any interest, and 18 brand new excursions, nature-loving adventurers can ride reversing rapids in St. John; foodies can perfect their preparation of croque-monsieur in MontrÃ©al; and history buffs can re-visit immigrantsâ€™ tales from Ellis Island in New York City. The seven- and 11-day voyages, aboard the award-winning Crystal Symphony, begin October 1 with a new seven-day cruise from Boston. Most cruises are between New York and MontrÃ©al.
“Our guests are well-traveled and eager for experiences that are fresh, intriguing and fun,” says John Stoll, Crystal’s director, land programs. “New England and Canada ports lend themselves to active and cultural experiences that really highlight the charm and beauty of the region.”
Shoreside highlights in 2009 include:
- *NEW* A birdâ€™s eye view of the Big Apple â€“ New York City by helicopter;
- *NEW* UNESCO City of Design â€“ Exploration of MontrÃ©alâ€™s rich graphic, fashion, architectural and urban design;
- *NEW* Kayaking adventure down the St. John River in New Brunswick;
- *NEW* An exclusive limousine experience through picturesque Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor;
- Americaâ€™s Cup sailing experience in Newport; and
- Exploration of QuÃ©becâ€™s spectacular Montmorency Falls, CÃ´te de BeauprÃ©, Canyon Ste-Anne and Island of OrlÃ©ans.
Crystalâ€™s New England/Canada voyages include visits to Boston; New York City; Newport; Bar Harbor; Halifax; St. John; Prince Edward Island; QuÃ©bec City; and MontrÃ©al. The 11-day, October 19 and October 30 cruises offer enhanced Smithsonian and Presidentâ€™s Cruise Experiences of Discovery programming, respectively, and are also available in shorter seven-day segments.
Celebration cruise fares for fall New England/Canada itineraries start at $2,575 per person, double occupancy, and most include up to $500 per person, â€˜All Inclusive â€“ As You Wishâ€™ shipboard credits. For terms and conditions and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit crystalcruises.com.