Miami – Jun 26, 2008 – Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has launched a new class of private touring that offers more choices and convenience for guests wishing to explore ports of call however they want, whenever they want. From a private horseback riding lesson through the Tuscan countryside to chartering a catamaran to sail through the glacier-carved fjords of Alaska, these ultimate VIP tours provide options for small groups from two to 18 people. Ultimate Touring is available at all of NCL’s ports of call and can be booked pre-cruise or on board at each ship’s Shore Excursion Desk.
“These once-in-a-lifetime tours embody NCL’s Freestyle Cruising by offering guests a completely customized experience to fit their individual needs, interests and schedule,” said Colin Veitch, NCL’s president and CEO. “Now, guests sailing on any of our ships around the world have the option of choosing Ultimate Touring in all of our ports of call for a more personalized experience.”
More than 60 percent of cruisers look for personalized shore excursion options* during their sailing, so this unique tour concept allows guests to discover Alaska, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Canada, Europe, Hawai’i, Mexico and South American ports at their own pace. These once-in-a-lifetime tours include:
- Helsinki, Finland – Archipelago Speed Boat Adventure: Guests jump on board a high speed boat and enjoy the sites on the way toward the narrow straight “Kustaanmiekka,” and then go full throttle. After getting a taste of the speed on water, guests will land ashore amidst the archipelago. Here, they will be treated to a Finish-style culinary experience and sample a taste of Finnish beer.
- Stockholm, Sweden – Rooftop Walk: During a guided walk conducted along the roofs of this historic city, guests will be stunned by the fantastic views and fascinating stories of a local guide. Tour locations include the Old Parliament Building, the Gamla Stan quarter and the Royal Palace.
- Livorno, Italy – 4×4 Rally Experience: From Lamborghinis to Ferraris, Italians have a passion for cars, and now NCL guests can too at the famous Rally Club of Barga. The experience begins at the pier where a 4×4 car and driver take guests for a ride of approximately one and a half hours through the Tuscan landscape. Once at the club, a professional driver gives tips on navigating the full mountain course where guests are able to drive through the obstacles.
- Valletta, Malta – Aerial View of Maltese Islands: Taking off from the spectacular Grand Harbor on a float plane, this 60-minute tour gives guests the chance to enjoy the beautiful archipelago from 1,500 feet in the air.
- Ketchikan, Alaska – NCL’s Freestyle Private Touring: An Alaskan’s Chef Table: A six-course tasting menu is planned to highlight Alaska’s sustainable, wild bounty. A personal chef serves a succulent meal while sharing secret methods of brining, roasting, smoking and grilling.
NCL also offers exclusive four- and nine-hour tours in a private vehicle-a car (up to two guests) or minivan (up to seven guests)-which allows complete freedom for guests to maximize their time by exploring only the places that interest them.
For a complete list of NCL’s ports, and Ultimate Touring and Shore Excursion options, please visit www.ncl.com/shorex.
NCL Corporation Ltd. is the holding company for various subsidiary companies involved in owning and operating the ships of Norwegian Cruise Line. NCL is building two new Third Generation Freestyle Cruising (“F3”) ships for delivery in 2010. NCL today has the youngest fleet in the industry, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy the flexibility of Freestyle Cruising on the newest, most contemporary ships in the market, and has recently added its latest new ship, the 2,400 passenger Norwegian Gem.