FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, Oct 23: South America ranks as one of the worldâ€™s great destinations, and with the recent awarding of the 2016 Summer Olympics to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has gained even more worldwide attention. MSC Cruises has established itself as one of the leaders in South American cruises, with a flexible array of 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8- and 9-night itineraries from Santos, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Buenos Aries from October 2009 through mid-May 2010.
Guests on the more than 140 MSC Cruises sailings in South America can expect to experience the natural beauties, vibrant cities and nightlife which have made the region an increasingly popular vacation choice. Port calls, depending upon itinerary and cruise length, will include IlhÃ©us, Macei?, Ilhabela, Ilha Grande, Punta Del Este, BÃºzios, Ubatuba, Recife, Fortaleza, Cabedelo and MontevidÃ©o.
MSC Lirica will open the season, her first in Brazilian waters, sailing from Santos on Oct. 23 and calling at Rio de Janeiro, BÃºzios, Ubatuba and Santos. She will be joined by MSC Musica, MSC Opera, MSC Melody, MSC Armonia and MSC Orchestra.
Theme Cruises Spice up the Cruise Season
To add additional spice to the South American cruise experience, MSC Cruises plans these 20 special themed sailings targeting guestsâ€™ popular special interests:
- Dance: MSC Musica, Nov. 22; MSC Opera, Feb. 7, 2010; MSC Armonia, Feb. 11, 2010; MSC Orchestra, March 13, 2010
- Music: MSC Musica, Dec. 6; MSC Armonia, March 10, 2010
- Fitness (Sea and Action): MSC Armonia, Dec. 12; MSC Orchestra, Feb. 6, 2010; MSC Opera, Feb. 21, 2010
- Fantastic World (dream world & magic for children & adults): MSC Orchestra, Jan. 23, 2010
- Circus: MSC Armonia, Jan. 24, 2010
- Fashion: MSC Orchestra, Jan. 30, 2010
- Wellness: MSC Musica, Jan. 31, 2010
- Beauty: MSC Musica, Feb. 7, 2010
- Food & Drink: MSC Armonia, Feb. 20, 2010
- Artmar (arts & crafts): MSC Orchestra, Feb. 20, 2010; MSC Armonia, March 18, 2010
- Bossa Nova: MSC Musica, March 1, 2010
- Dolce Vita (physical, mental and spiritual balance): MSC Orchestra, March 6, 2010
- Humor: MSC Orchestra, March 31, 2010
For more information about MSC Cruises, visit us online at www.MSCCruisesUSA.com or contact a local travel professional.