FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (JUNE 18, 2008) â€“Guests who book a stateroom on one of MSC Cruisesâ€™ exciting 2009 Europe sailings by July 31 will receive a special Extra Early Booking bonus in the form of a shipboard credit.
The amount of the shipboard credit will be determined by the type of stateroom:
- Interior stateroom — $25 shipboard credit per person (maximum $50 per stateroom)
- Oceanview — $50 shipboard credit per person (maximum $100 per stateroom)
- Balcony — $100 shipboard credit per person (maximum $200 per stateroom)
By reserving early, guests can reap significant savings on the lineâ€™s Mediterranean and Northern Europe itineraries. Rates begin at $799 per person, double occupancy for a 7-night cruise. Plus, children under the age of 17 sail free on all sailings when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults and guests need only place a deposit of $100 per person.
â€œWhen you are on an MSC Cruisesâ€™ ship you are treated to the finest in Italian hospitality and cuisine as well as European-style entertainment,â€ says Richard E. Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises (USA). â€œThe â€˜Beautiful. Passionate. Italian.â€™ ambiance coupled with the exotic destinations creates a true cultural experience at an exceptional value, particularly in light of the â€˜kids sail freeâ€™ offer.â€
With MSC Cruises, guests can choose from 80 ports of call as they sail Europe the European way, visiting the hidden treasures of such Eastern Mediterranean sites as Dubrovnik, Alexandria and Ephesus; the historic landmarks of the Western Mediterranean such as Barcelona, Tunis and Sicily; and the richness of the Scandinavian Fjords, the Baltic and the North Cape of Northern Europe.
A New Era of Ships in the Mediterranean
MSC Fantasia, debuting this December, and its sister-ship MSC Splendida, which enters service in June 2009, mark a new era in cruising for MSC Cruises. The largest ships built by a European ship-owner, both will offer guests an exclusive VIP area â€“ a paradise within a paradise. It will consist of 99 spacious suites (up to 700 square feet), plus a bar, solarium, 2 Jacuzzis, a pool with sky dome, as well as offer guests their own butler service.
After her December christening in Naples, MSC Fantasia will sail two 8-night roundtrip itineraries from Genoa: the Dec. 20, 2008 sailing calls at Rhodes, Alexandria, Messina and Naples, while the Dec. 28, 2008 itinerary visits Barcelona, Lisbon, , Malaga and Civitavecchia. The ship will then sail 11-night Western Mediterranean and Canary Islands roundtrip itineraries from Genoa that call in Barcelona, Funchal, Tenerife, Arrecife, Malaga and Civitavecchia through March 1, 2009, when she will begin 7-night â€œMediterranean Fantasyâ€ roundtrip itineraries from Barcelona to Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, La Goulette, and Palma.
MSC Splendida will begin her inaugural season June 29, 2009, sailing â€œThe Splendid Mediterranean,â€ roundtrip 7-night Western Mediterranean itineraries from Barcelona through November.
Here are some highlights of the rest of MSC Cruisesâ€™ 2009 Mediterranean itineraries:
- MSC Poesia, which debuted in spring 2008, will spend the winter sailing alternating 11-night â€œEastern Mediterranean and Egyptâ€ itineraries with Western Mediterranean and Canary Islands itineraries roundtrip from Genoa. In April, she will begin a series of 7-night â€œTurkish Treasure and Croatian Coastsâ€ Eastern Mediterranean itineraries from Venice.
- MSC Armonia: 7-night â€œWonders of the Aegeanâ€ Eastern Mediterranean from Venice, April-October.
- MSC Melody: 7-night â€œIslands of the Tyrrhenian Seaâ€ roundtrip Western Mediterranean sailings from Genoa, May-October.
- MSC Musica: 7-night â€œGreek Islands in the Sunâ€ from Venice, April-October.
- MSC Rhapsody: 11-night â€œEgyptian Antiquities,â€ â€œAncient Moorish Kingdomsâ€ and â€œGrand Black Seaâ€ Eastern Mediterranean itineraries from Genoa, March-October.
- MSC Sinfonia: 7-night â€œSparking Rivierasâ€ Western Mediterranean itineraries from Livorno, beginning the end of April through October.
- MSC Opera: 7-night â€œJewels of the Adriaticâ€ roundtrip from Trieste, fall 2009.
- MSC Orchestra: 8-night â€œIberian Discoveryâ€ from Barcelona, fall 2009.
- MSC Lirica: 7-night â€œMediterranean Marvelsâ€ roundtrip from Civitavecchia (Rome), fall 2009.
MSC Cruises in Northern Europe
MSC Cruises also will have three ships in Northern Europe in 2009. Experience the folklore and tradition from Copenhagen to Visby, from Riga to Helsinki, up to St Petersburg. Enjoy the natural beauty of the fjords and the diverse cultures. Or cruise through the North Sea and south into the Mediterranean, visiting countries that are vastly different.
- MSC Lirica: 11-night â€œTreasures of the Russian Czars,â€ â€œFairytale Towns and Towering Fjordsâ€ and â€œVoyage to the Top of the Worldâ€ itineraries from Dover, May-August.
- MSC Opera: alternating 11-night â€œCzarist Russia Revealedâ€ and â€œLand of the Midnight Sunâ€ from Copenhagen May-June; alternating 7-night â€œBaltic Beauty and Russian Treasuresâ€ and â€œRoute of the Vikingsâ€ from Copenhagen July-August.
- MSC Orchestra: alternating 7-night â€œBaltic Castles and Russian Palacesâ€ and â€œFascinating Fjordlandsâ€ from Copenhagen May-September.
For the convenience of our guests, MSC Cruises offers alternate departure ports, such as Bari, Valencia, Kiel and Amsterdam, on many itineraries. Check with your local travel professional.
For more information about MSC Cruisesâ€™ extensive selection of European sailings, visit www.msccruisesusa.com or a local travel professional.