Fans of Americaâ€™s pastime can gain unique insights into the world of professional baseball on MSC Cruisesâ€™ â€œBaseball Greatsâ€ theme cruises.
Some of the greats of the game â€“ including numerous record holders and members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum â€“ will be onboard, sharing their skills and their memories, during the powerful line up of five â€œBaseball Greatsâ€ theme cruises as MSC Poesia sails her inaugural season in the U.S. during the 2009-10 Caribbean cruise season.
In addition to visits to some of the Caribbeanâ€™s most beautiful locations, each â€œBaseball Greatsâ€ â€œsailing includes free interactive guest/player activities, including a player-hosted trivia game in which guests can test their baseball knowledge, question-and-answer sessions with the players, a guest pitching contest and a lively story-telling session. Players will also host pitching, hitting, fielding and base running clinics.
Perhaps the most popular activity is the free autograph session at the end of the cruise.
MSC Poesia offers â€œBaseball Greatsâ€theme cruises on the following roundtrip itineraries from Fort Lauderdale:
- Nov. 20, 2009: 10-night Southern Caribbean featuring Panama, featuring Bob Feller, Cito Gaston, Frank Howard, Stan Bahnsen and Bill Russell.
- Jan. 16, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean, featuring Hector Lopez, Ken Griffey Sr., Stan Bahnsen, Jeff Torborg, and Cookie Rojas.
- Feb. 6, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean; featuring Tony Oliva, Jim Fregosi, Rudy May, Stan Bahnsen and Ed Kranepool.
- March 6, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean, featuring Amos Otis, Stan Bahnsen, Vida Blue, Rennie Stennet and Rico Petrocelli.
- April 3, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean; featuring Stan Bahnsen, Tony Taylor, Gorman Thomas and Randy Hundley
Players are subject to change without notice.
Cruise-only rates begin at $549 per person, double occupancy (government fees and taxes additional). On MSC Poesiaâ€™s Caribbean cruise itineraries, kids ages 17 and younger sail free when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults. All cruises offer just a $100 per person deposit on all sailings and itineraries.
Become a fan on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Watch us on You Tube. For more information about MSC Cruises, visit www.MSCCruisesUSA.com or a local travel professional.