FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (OCTOBER 21, 2008) â€“ As part of its year-long celebration leading up to the arrival of MSC Orchestra in North America, MSC Cruises has selected another free cruise winner in its online contest.
Christina Joly of Lynnfield, Mass. has won a free 7-night Caribbean cruise on MSC Orchestra. She was the lucky winner selected from those who entered online at the lineâ€™s new website, www.theorchestraiscomingtotown.com.
â€œI am so thrilled and so excited,â€ said Mrs. Joly, who previously sailed on MSC Opera as well as several other lines. â€œWe love to cruise. You only have to pack once and you can see several islands.â€
Her family enjoyed their cruise on MSC Opera so much that they were already planning to sail with MSC Cruises again.
â€œThe staff was friendly, the ship was opulent and elegant, the food was unbelievable and the kids loved the Kidsâ€™ Club. We even learned some Italian and sang â€˜Volareâ€™ in the talent show,â€ she recalls.
The contest is continuing through the end of the year. Additional free cruises and other free gifts will be awarded before MSC Orchestra arrives in Fort Lauderdale Jan. 2, 2009 for her inaugural Caribbean season.
â€œThe arrival of MSC Orchestra in Fort Lauderdale marks the first time one of the lineâ€™s magnificent â€˜Musicaâ€™â€ class ships is sailing Caribbean itineraries and we are very excited to share this MSC Cruises experience with North American travelers. We invite everyone to visit theorchestraiscomingtotown.com to learn more about this magnificent ship and the MSC Cruises experience as well as enter for a chance to be a winner,â€ says Richard E. Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises (USA).
Guests who visit the website also will find:
- Ship information, including an extensive slide show and flash presentation complete with factoids;
- Fun & Free Stuff, including free downloadable wallpaper and e-cards, several shuffle picture puzzles, memory games, Sudoku and solitaire;
- Special promotions on MSC Orchestra itineraries, including the lineâ€™s â€œKids Sail Freeâ€ offer, where youngsters under the age of 17 sail free when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults.
MSC Orchestra will sail alternating 7-night roundtrip itineraries through April 25, 2009:
- Eastern Caribbean, calling at Cayo Levantado, Dominican Republic; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. John, Antigua; and Nassau, Bahamas, and two days at sea.
- Western Caribbean, calling at Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Cayo Levantado, Dominican Republic, and two days at sea.
A special 7-night roundtrip Bermuda sailing departs Fort Lauderdale April 25, 2009 and includes three days in Kingâ€™s Wharf, Bermuda and a day in Nassau, Bahamas, and two sea days.
MSC Orchestra will depart Fort Lauderdale May 2, 2009 on an 18-night voyage that includes a two-day visit to New York City before heading eastbound to Copenhagen, with calls at Ponta Delgado, Azores; Lisbon, Portugal; Vigo, Spain; La Coruna, Spain; and Dover, England.
For more information about MSC Cruises and the arrival of MSC Orchestra, visit www.theorchestraiscomingtotown.com.