FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (Aug. 13, 2007) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ MSC Cruises has announced its new line up of itineraries, pricing and the opening of reservations for its exciting selection of 2008 Europe sailings, featuring more than 78 different itineraries and more than 120 ports of call.
By planning early and reserving space while Early Booking rates are in effect, guests can reap significant savings on the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Mediterranean and Northern Europe itineraries.
In addition, those who book by Dec. 31, 2007 can take advantage of MSC CruisesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Best Fare, Best RoomÃ¢â‚¬Â promotion, which provides them with the best stateroom available within their desired category (interior, oceanview, balcony) at the time of booking. Guests can save as much as $2,300 per person.
As an added bonus, North American residents who place a reservation need only place a $100 deposit per person, based on double occupancy. Prices vary by sail date and category. Families can also take advantage of the special Ã¢â‚¬Å“Kids Sail FreeÃ¢â‚¬Â offer on all Europe sailings when youngsters ages 17 and under share a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults.
All of the fleetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s nine ships will be in the Mediterranean region at some time in 2008 with two of its newest vessels sailing year round, reaffirming MSC Cruises as a leader in the market. Guests can select from a variety of Mediterranean itineraries, with cruises of varying lengths (from weekend cruises to 11-night itineraries) and port calls.
Guests can, for example, explore the Greek Isles on MSC Musica, one of the lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s newest vessels, enjoy the more intimate cruising experience onboard the classic MSC RhapsodyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s exciting 7-night Mediterranean itinerary that includes Florence, Amalfi, Taromina, Malta and Tunisia, or journey to the pinnacle of beauty of Cape North on an 11-night Northern Europe cruise on MSC Armonia.
Here is a sample of available itineraries (all prices are cruise-only, Early Booking, per person, double occupancy, U.S. and Canadian residents only; government fees and taxes are additional):
- MSC Poesia Ã¢â‚¬â€œ The lineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s newest ship (scheduled to debut in April) will sail 7-night Eastern Mediterranean itineraries. Prices begin at $899.
- MSC Orchestra Ã¢â‚¬â€œ7-night Western Mediterranean itineraries begin at $849; 11-night Western Mediterranean and Canary Island sailings begin at $1,149; 11-night Eastern Mediterranean and Egypt sailings begin at $1,099.
- MSC Musica Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Eastern Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruises begin at $899; 11-night Eastern Mediterranean and Egypt cruises begin at $1,149. MSC Musica will also feature an 11-night Western Mediterranean and Canary Isles cruise beginning at $1,149.
- MSC Opera Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Eastern Mediterranean sailings begin at $899.
- MSC Lirica Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises begin at $899.
- MSC Sinfonia Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises begin at $ 949.
- MSC Armonia Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 11-night Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea itineraries begin at $1,249; 11-night Eastern Mediterranean and Egypt cruises begin at $1,199.
- MSC Melody Ã¢â‚¬â€œ7-night Western Mediterranean itineraries begin at $799.
- MSC Rhapsody Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Western Mediterranean itineraries begin at $799.
The Italian-style cruise line also will have three ships in Northern Europe in 2008, maintaining its popular variety of cruise lengths and itineraries. Here is a sample of available itineraries (all prices are cruise-only, Early Booking, per person, double occupancy, U.S. and Canadian residents only; government fees and taxes are additional):
- MSC Opera Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Russia and The Baltic itineraries begin at $1,099; 7-night Scandinavian Fjords itineraries begin at $1,099.
- MSC Lirica Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 7-night Russia and The Baltic begin at $ 1,099; 7-night Scandinavian Fjords cruises begin at $1,099.
- MSC Armonia Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 10-night Scandinavian Fjords begin at $ 1,199; 10-night Russia and The Baltic begin at $1,249; 11-night North Cape: Land of the Midnight Sun itinerary begins at $1,449.
For more information about MSC CruisesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ extensive selection of European sailings, visit www.msccruisesusa.com or a local travel professional.