LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2008 – Luxury specialist Crystal Cruises is raising its own shore-side bar with lavish, over-the-top Crystal Adventures in Europe. New “extreme luxury” tours, designed for a discerning few, boast European sports cars, helicopters and private yachts to explore European destinations in extravagantly different ways.
Crystal guests can maneuver Monaco in a Maserati, motor through Umbria in a Ferrari or have a pro do one’s driving at the Porsche factory racetrack. Fly to Florence, soar over the Cote d’Azur or navigate Greek islands in a private 50-foot yacht.
The new tours are priced from close to $1,000, per person, to as much as $19,500, per couple, for the ultimate Ferrari plus five-star spa fling in Italy. Available with most Crystal Serenity Mediterranean itineraries from May to October, the “extreme luxury” tours were not designed to amass as many travelers as possible, but rather to offer truly luxurious, singular travel experiences.
“For the Crystal guest looking for the ‘next big thing,’ we challenged our tour operators and staff to create extraordinary experiential tours – regardless of cost and capacity,” says John Stoll, Crystal Cruises’ director, land programs.
The new slate of excursions includes:
A Need for Speed – Ferraris, Maseratis, Lamborghinis and Porsches
- Race through Italy in a Private Ferrari – Slip behind the wheel and follow your guide through the spectacular Umbrian countryside or the winding roads of Livorno and Tuscany at your leisure, lunching at a five-star restaurant along the way.
- Motor through the French Riviera and Monaco’s dramatic hills in a Maserati, Lamborghini, or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, one of the world’s fastest GT’s.
- Test the Speed Limits in Germany – Via a private chartered plane, fly to the Porsche factory in Leipzig and drive a 350-horsepower Porsche Cayenne on the factory’s racetrack, or let a professional driver take you on the ride of a lifetime.
- Explore the Birthplace of Speed – At the village of Automobili Lamborghini, explore the assembly line on a private tour and catch a glimpse of new models.
- Extreme Luxury: 2-Day Overland to Florence & Pisa by Private Ferrari – From Civitavecchia, via private sports car, navigate the roads of Lazio and Tuscany, Florence and Pisa and overnight at the five-star Fonteverde Natural Spa resort.
Luxury Yachting and Aerial Tours
- Sail the Greek Isles by Private Yacht – From Athens’ port of Piraeus, sail a luxury 50-foot yacht to the uninhabited island of Moni and the lively island of Aegina. Or, from Santorini, sail to the “Lost City of Atlantis” for a dip in the natural hot springs.
- CÃƒÂ´te d’Azur Helicopter Exploration & Monaco – The breathtaking views of the French Riviera are at their most dramatic when seen from the windows of a helicopter. Admire the majestic Maritime Alps, spectacular aerial views of the Rock of Monaco, and the Neo-Romanesque cathedral where Prince Rainier III married film star Grace Kelly.
- Fly to Florence in Style – Via helicopter, fly from Livorno to Florence where a private car and driver await you for independent exploration of the city.
The Crystal Difference
Aboard the ultra-luxurious Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, refined elegance meets casual simplicity. With an emphasis on innovative product differentiation, the renowned Crystal experience is distinguished by classic service, abundant space, extensive choices and superior quality, providing worldwide vacations of seven to 100+ days that bridge the best of land and sea. Grounded in more than a decade of accolades, Crystal has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of Travel + Leisure and CondÃƒÂ© Nast Traveler more than any other cruise line, hotel or resort in history.
For additional information and Crystal reservations, please contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the luxury line’s website at crystalcruises.com.