LOS ANGELES, September 29, 2009 â€“ More often than not, the impeccable, professional and friendly service of Crystal Cruisesâ€™ shipboard staff is cited as the ultra-luxury lineâ€™s most distinctive feature. How does one support an unwavering standard of excellence by professionals who share a passion for welcoming graciousness?
One way, says Crystal Cruises, is by introducing â€œLearn for Life,â€ a service evolution through the understanding and influence of culture. The ongoing program of classes and workshops provides shipboard management and staff with global skills and behavior required to serve discerning Crystal guests and to help them live in the diverse environment on board.
â€œThe onboard culture among our officers and crew, commonly referred to as â€˜The Crystal Attitudeâ€™ is the very thing that makes the Crystal experience special,â€ says Thomas Mazloum, senior vice president, hotel operations. â€œâ€™The Crystal Attitudeâ€™ is what sets, and then drives, the standards of behavior. Competitors can copy products, services and even branding, but they can never copy our onboard culture.â€
Comprising 40+ nationalities, more than 1,000 crew members live, work and serve guests on Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony. Since April and into 2010, guest experts have been engaging staff with classes on:
- How to increase mental performance and advance oneâ€™s career
- Why good leaders make bad decisions and how to keep it from happening to you
- Health and wellbeing
- Business and social etiquette in a diverse world
- Walk the Talk â€“ the Ultimate Case Study
Guest experts include:
- Peter Burwash, motivational speaker and author of â€œThe Key to Great Leadershipâ€ and â€œImproving the Landscape of Your Lifeâ€
- Bruce Lewolt, performance enhancing expert and author of â€œ30 Days to a More Powerful Brainâ€
- Dr. Joseph Janesz, Ph.D., LICDC, of The Cleveland Clinic
- Jan Harding, SPHR, human resource specialist and Founder of HRnovations
- Henrik Rosvall, motivational speaker and trainer with In The Zone Training & Development
Ongoing is Crystalâ€™s three- and six-day Core Training Program consisting of:
- Communication Skills â€“ verbal and non-verbal communication and meeting skills
- High Performance Teams â€“ empowerment and exercises on making collaborative decisions
- Diversity: Cultural and Generational
- Managing Organizational Change â€“ emphasis on conflict management, continuous improvement and quality service
Sydney Finkelstein, management professor at Dartmouth University Business School, among others is scheduled to address onboard staff in 2010.
The Crystal Experience is distinguished by unparalleled service, abundant space, extensive choices and superior quality â€“ at an exceptional value. Celebrating 14 and 15 years as â€œWorldâ€™s Bestâ€ in its category by the readers of Travel + Leisure and CondÃ© Nast Traveler respectively, among many other coveted hospitality awards, Crystal has been recognized as #1 more than another cruise line, hotel or resort in history.
For more information and reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit crystalcruises.com.