Los Angeles, CA, January 29, 2008 – Bicycling in Barcelona, cliff climbing in Croatia, and a self-driven off-road Jeep adventure in Mykonos, are among the new active outdoor excursions joining Crystal Cruises’ extensive line-up of 2008 European shore tours. From May through November the award-winning Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony will offer guests 28 unique voyages showcasing the best-loved cities of Europe and the Mediterranean, now with an expanded roster of Crystal Adventures shore excursions that allow guests to live the experience in a dynamic new way.
“While rich history and culture have typically drawn vacationers to Europe, many of our guests with active lifestyles are seeking experiential tours that give them not only something interesting to see, but something exciting to do,” says John Stoll, Crystal’s director of land programs. “Our new outdoor Crystal Adventures offer more rugged encounters unique to each destination — in some of Europe’s most spectacular settings.”
Taking active Crystal guests off the beaten path are:
NEW Self-Propelled Adventures
- Barcelona by Bicycle, Barcelona, Spain – Encounter artists, live performers, restaurants, and shops, on a ride along Las Ramblas, the lively boulevard through the heart of the city.
- Cliff Climbing Adventure, Split, Croatia – Experience the thrill of climbing the cliffs of OmiÃ…Â¡ led by an expert instructor, followed by a swim in the ocean or nearby Cetina River.
- Scenic Cycling Expedition, RÃƒÂ¸nne, Denmark (Maiden Call) – Bike along a forest path to the Nyker round church and visit a smokehouse for herring, fresh bread, and cold beer.
NEW Off-Shore Adventures
- Caves Expedition, Corfu, Greece – Venture by local boat into the sea caves known as Nafiska, St. Nicolas and the Blue Eye, and swim, sunbathe and enjoy beaches and shops.
- Cavtat Diving Expedition, Dubrovnik, Croatia – Experienced and beginning divers discover an underwater world of shipwrecks, reefs, fish, and artifacts of ancient civilizations.
NEW Off-Road Adventures
- Sintra Mountain Safari, Lisbon, Portugal – Climb aboard a Jeep to explore the leafy villages and rugged beauty of the countryside and dramatic landscape of the Serra Sintra.
- Mykonos Jeep Adventure, Mykonos, Greece – Get behind the wheel of a four-wheel-drive and explore the island’s rugged terrain on an adventure to the hidden corners of Mykonos.
- Jeep Safari & Mountain Hike, Split, Croatia – Go off road on a coastal drive to the village of Monsor Mountain and hike to some of the mountain’s most secluded areas.
- An Adventurer’s Look at Mt. Etna, Taormina, Italy – Traverse lava fields and ascend the slopes of Mt. Etna by 4×4, before bicycling to explore more marvels not seen from the road.
Crystal’s 2008 European season features 28 voyages ranging from seven to 14 days in length with departures from London, Rome, Venice, Athens, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Fares begin at $2,995 per person, double occupancy depending on itinerary and accommodations.
The Crystal Difference
Aboard the ultra-luxurious Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, refined elegance meets casual simplicity. With an emphasis on innovative product differentiation, the renowned Crystal experience is distinguished by classic service, abundant space, extensive choices and superior quality, providing worldwide vacations that bridge the best of land and sea. Grounded in more than a decade of accolades, Crystal has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of Travel + Leisure and CondÃƒÂ© Nast Traveler more than any other cruise line, hotel or resort in history.
For additional information, please contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the luxury line’s website at crystalcruises.com.