LOS ANGELES, May 4, 2010 â€“ Crystal Cruises announces premier golf courses for its October 22 Experiences of Discovery Golf cruise exploring New England & Canada. With tee times at six courses, golf enthusiasts can play in nearly all of the picturesque cities on the 11-day itinerary from MontrÃ©al to New York. On board, veteran PGA champion Billy Casper and PGA member coach John Clark will host golf clinics on board the award-winning Crystal Symphony, with tips for recreational players and avid golfers. Participating golfers can also win a free cruise with Crystalâ€™s â€œHole in Oneâ€ contest.
Among the courses are:
* Granite Links at Quarry Hills, Boston â€“ Among Golf Digestâ€™s â€˜Americaâ€™s 100 Greatest Public Coursesâ€™;
* Pine Hills, Boston â€“ Named â€œThe number one course in Massachusettsâ€ by Zagat in 2009.
* Club de Golf Islemere, MontrÃ©al â€“ The 27-hole course has hosted both the Menâ€™s and Womenâ€™s Canadian Open;
* La Tempete, QuÃ©bec City â€“ The first international caliber 18-hole course in QuÃ©becâ€™s metropolitan area; and
* Sable Oaks, Portland â€“ A challenging course in a Crystal maiden call.
â€œBesides offering championship level play, these courses provide some of the most beautiful scenery in the region,â€ says John Stoll, vice president, land and port operations.
Crystalâ€™s golf program includes a VIP Golfers welcome cocktail reception; welcome kits with course info and gifts; roundtrip transportation to each course accompanied by a Crystal escort or pro; 45-minute warm-up and pre-/post-round refreshments and cocktails; and complimentary storage and cleaning of clubs and shoes.
Crystal recommends that guests bring their own clubs on golf outings. Guests can ship equipment to and from the ship with Luggage Concierge.
Beginning with an overnight in MontrÃ©al, the cruise visits QuÃ©bec City, Halifax, Saint John, Boston (overnight), Newport, New York, plus a maiden call in Portland. Per person, promotional Two-for-One cruise fares begin at $4,275 (double occupancy), including complimentary air transportation from numerous North American gateways, and a $500 per person â€˜All Inclusive â€“ As You Wishâ€™ shipboard credit, which can be used toward golf excursions and other Crystal Adventures or virtually any onboard purchases.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.