LOS ANGELES, October 5, 2009 â€“Emmy Award-winning broadcaster Hugh Downs, Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench and Prince of Tides author Pat Conroy are among influential leaders in media, sports, arts, sciences and international politics set for lectures and interactive workshops on Crystal Cruisesâ€™ 108-day â€œExploration of Ancient Empiresâ€ World Cruise in 2010. With nearly 200 guest presenters offering hundreds of classes and workshops, Crystalâ€™s sophisticated onboard enrichment is as stimulating as the awe-inspiring destinations. The epic journey departs from Miami on January 10, culminating in London on April 29.
â€œCrystalâ€™s World Cruise guests value the learning experience of travel â€” gaining insights into the destinations theyâ€™re visiting as well as the world and themselves,â€ says Bret Bullock, vice president, entertainment. â€œThe caliber of experts for our 2010 World Cruise will entertain, enlighten and inspire fascinating discussion.â€
Among the many notable presenters are:
* Hugh Downs â€“ Emmy Award-winning journalist and 20/20 host;
* Bill Toone â€“ Conservation expert in recovering endangered species; and
* Dr. Bulent Atalay â€“ Scientist, author and Renaissance and da Vinci authority.
Military and Politics
* Brigadier General Nick Halley â€“ Vietnam, Grenada and Desert Storm commander;
* Thomas W. Lippman â€“ Washington Post Middle East Bureau Chief;
* Phil Gramm â€“ Retired U.S. Republican senator from Texas; and
* Dinesh Dâ€™Souza â€“ Best-selling author, scholar and former White House policy analyst.
Arts and Americana
* Pat Conroy â€“ Acclaimed author of The Prince of Tides;
* Johnny Bench â€“ Baseball Hall of Fame catcher, and
* Rick Senat â€“ Batman and Superman film producer.
Crystalâ€™s Creative Learning Institute will offer expanded programming, including additional classes through the Travel Channel Academy, Yamaha and Berlitz.
The 2010 World Cruise visits 41 ports in 37 countries, including maiden calls at Port Elizabeth, South Africa; Bandar Abbas, Iran; Kuwait City, Kuwait; Manama, Bahrain; Khasab, Oman; Al-Fujairah, United Arab Emirates; and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Segments of 12 to 21 days are also available.
World Cruise Two-for-One segment fares start at $6,340 per person, double, plus a $500 or $1,000 per person â€˜All Inclusive â€“ As You Wishâ€™ shipboard credit. Free North American airfare is available for two or more back-to-back segments.
For information, terms and conditions, and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625 or visit crystalcruises.com.