LOS ANGELES, January 20, 2009 -Trogir, Sinop and Kotor may sound like three characters in a bizarre fairytale, but they’re actually the new offbeat dream destinations set for Crystal Cruises’ 2009 Mediterranean cruises.
Maiden calls to Kotor, Montenegro; Sinop, Turkey; Trogir, Croatia; Lipari, Italy; and Patmos, Greece, join more than 50 other destinations on twelve itineraries, ranging from seven to 14 days. With most cruises aboard the ultra-luxurious, award-winning Crystal Serenity, Crystal’s Mediterranean season runs from May 23 to November 1. An array of promotional incentives is making Crystal’s Mediterranean itineraries compelling in value as well as destination.
“These cities are the latest in a vast roster of Mediterranean ports that includes little-known gems and timeless favorites,” said Bill Smith, Crystal’s senior vice president, sales & marketing.
Mediterranean maiden calls include:
- Kotor, Montenegro – Rising majestically above the Adriatic, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is renowned for its stunning panoramic views and Old Town.
- Lipari, Italy – The largest of the seven islands in Aeolian archipelago, Lipari boasts an archeological museum park filled with Greek and Roman ruins.
- Sinop, Turkey – With its Black Sea location, Sinop was once a major caravan route stop.
- Patmos, Greece – Known as the Jerusalem of the Aegean, Patmos features bleached beaches and secluded coves.
- Trogir, Croatia – With a history dating back to the 3rd century BC, Trogir is a veritable open-air museum, with venerable churches, palaces and ramparts.
In 2009, Crystal Cruises features Mediterranean cruises through Western Europe, the Black Sea, and the Middle East. Hundreds of Crystal Adventures provide distinctive perspectives on the destinations.
Fares start at $3,535 per person, double occupancy. European Celebration Fares offer up to $1,500 savings off 11- and 12-day cruises. Guests booking most 2009 cruises by March 31 can also enjoy 20% off most 2010 cruises with Crystal’s Save Now, Save Later promotion. The Crystal Family Memories Program encourages multi-generational reunions with one complimentary berth for every ten full-fare guests, as well as other perks. Crystal’s Assurance Plan ensures price protection and offers reduced deposits and extended payment deadlines.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the line’s website, crystalcruises.com.